Skye's Homemade Pasta. Great recipe for Skye's Homemade Pasta. My oldest granddaughter helped me make this pasta. I am so very proud of her!!!
This recipe has a long list […] Continue Reading. Basbousa is an Arabian dessert, and it means "just one kiss" in the Arabic language. Basbousa has a cake-like texture but denser and richer. You can cook Skye's Homemade Pasta using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Skye's Homemade Pasta
- It’s 4 of large eggs.
- You need 2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need As needed of water and salt to boil the pasta.
- It’s As needed of flour to dust the pasta.
- You need 1 tablespoon of extra Virgin olive oil for boiling pasta.
Usually, it is soaked in simple syrup and has a lot of butter, but today's recipe. Cook the pasta in the boiling water until it is very"al dente". Drain, reserving a cup of the pasta water. Add the lemon juice and fresh thyme to the drained pasta and toss.
Skye's Homemade Pasta step by step
- Add the flour to a bowl. Add salt and mix well. Make a crater in the flour and add three eggs..
- Knead the dough for 3 minutes add the final egg and knead 5 minutes let rest 45 minutes covered with plastic..
- Add enough flour to some parchment paper so that the pasta does not stick. We used parchment paper for easy clean up..
- After the pasta has rested so the dough can relax for easy rolling out, cut into four equal pieces. Dust with flour.
- Roll it out very thin we don't have a pasta machine so we do it the old-fashioned way. I taught her to use her palms of her hands so her hands wouldn't get rolled under the pin..
- Cut off the edge to square it up. We used a pizza cutter and edge of the rolling pin..
- Cut the next and so on till all is cut..
- We used a chopstick to hang the pasta on..
- Keep the pasta ribbons dusted..
- Boil the water with salt and olive oil. Add the pasta and cook till your desired doneness. Times will vary depending on thickness of pasta. Here is a note this pasta tripled in size after being cooked..
- Serve we had it with spaghetti sauce. I hope you enjoy! We had so much fun making and eating this!!!!!.
Add additional pasta water if sauce seems too. Silken tofu is a great addition to Italian pasta and rice dishes. Our artichoke risotto can be vegetarian when using real butter and parmesan cheese, or totally vegan by using vegan margarine and vegan cheese like this vegan artichoke risotto recipe. [email protected] (Kaye Sykes) Recipe By: BH&G Cook pasta according to package directions. Add cream cheese, cottage cheese, and Parmesan cheese.