Keto Friendly Chicken Divan. Keto Friendly Chicken Divan is the perfect casserole! This Keto friendly chicken divan recipe is perfect for when you need to reduce the carbs and you want to enjoy classic casseroles you have loved your whole life. This recipe was originally created with broccoli, almonds, the classic and carb-heavy Mornay sauce.
It's made with broccoli and mornay sauce. Mornay is a sauce that contains grated cheese. Here's a low carb chicken divan recipe for the famous casserole with broccoli and Parmesan cheese. You can cook Keto Friendly Chicken Divan using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Keto Friendly Chicken Divan
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/2 Cup of chopped onion.
- You need 8 oz. of Sliced mushrooms.
- You need 2 tsp of flour (I use gluten free, but any will do).
- It’s 1 1/4 Cup of chicken broth.
- It’s 3/4 Cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of mayonnaise.
- You need 1 Cup of shredded cheddar cheese, divided in half.
- You need 4 Cups of broccoli.
- You need 3 Cups of diced chicken breast.
- You need 1/2 Cup of shredded parmesan cheese.
- Prepare of Cooking spray (to grease 13 x 9" pan).
My Keto Chicken Divan Casserole is rich and creamy with broccoli, cheddar, and a hint of curry. It is the ultimate comfort food. Serve it on its own or with a garden salad for an easy main course. This easy divan casserole recipe is low carb, keto, gluten-free, grain-free, sugar-free, and Trim Healthy Mama friendly.
Keto Friendly Chicken Divan instructions
- Preheat oven to 350⁰-375⁰F.
- Melt butter in medium-high skillet, add onion, saute 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, saute 5 minutes, add flour stirring for 2 minutes..
- Into skillet add: chicken broth and heavy cream. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 4-5 minutes. Stir occasionally. Remove from heat and let stand 4 minutes..
- Stir in half the cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, broccoli, and chicken. Mix well then transfer into 13×9 greased baking pan. Top with remaining cheddar cheese and parmesan..
- Bake in 375⁰ F oven 30 minutes, or until browned..
Hughes has been developing ketogenic and paleo recipes for over a decade. She has developed recipes for top nutrition coaches and subscription meal boxes. Chicken Divan Casserole is loaded with all things you love in a dish: roasted broccoli, cauliflower rice, a "cheesy" and delicious sauce, browned chicken bites, and topped with a nutty crunch. This simple dinner is hearty, kid friendly, and a much healthier version of traditional Chicken Divan! Chicken is a very versatile meat that can be used in so many ways to suit a low carb or gluten free way of eating.