Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style. Great recipe for Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style. I did measure things out this time but, of course, all proportions are a matter of taste, especially spices. This is my first time using chaat masala and cardamom so definitely still.
Contest-Winning Wild Rice Apple Salad "We have an apple orchard in our family, so I'm always looking for ways to use the fruit," writes Elaine Stichter of Milford, Indiana. "This crisp and crunchy dish is one of my favorite salads. See great recipes for Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style too! See great recipes for Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style too! You can have Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style
- You need 2 cups of cooked rice.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped apple.
- You need 1/2 cup of pecans, chopped.
- You need 1/4 tsp of crushed cardamom seeds (optional).
- You need 1/4 tsp of coriander seeds.
- It’s 1/8 tsp of yellow mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1/2 tbs of coconut oil.
- You need 1/2 tbs of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tbs of chaat masala powder.
- Prepare 1 tbs of butter.
- Prepare 1 tsp of jaggery paste (brown sugar would also work).
- You need 1/4 of of a medium red onion, finely diced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped mint.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- It’s of Yogurt (optional).
See great recipes for Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style too! I love the tartness of the cranberries with the sweetness of the honey and apples. Cook rice according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. In a large bowl, combine the rice, cranberries and green onions.
Cold rice salad with apples and cashews, Indian-style step by step
- Heat coconut oil in a sauce pan over medium-high heat, then add the cardamom, cumin, coriander, and mustard and bloom until fragrant, about 30 sec to a minute..
- Lower heat to low-medium, add in rice, then season to taste with salt. Add in turmeric and chaat masala, and mix. Heat for about five minutes, mixing often, then remove from heat..
- Peel and core the apple and cut into small chunks. Melt butter and stir in jaggery paste until dissolved, then add apples. Coat well and cook over medium-high heat until apples turn brown and tender but are still firm (3 to 5 mins)..
- In a large bowl, mix together the rice, apples, chopped pecans, and diced onions. Refrigerate until cool..
- Just before serving, add mint and mix thoroughly. Serve as is or with yogurt on the side..
In a small bowl, combine the sugar, minced onion, poppy seeds and paprika; whisk in the vinegars and oil. Drizzle over rice mixture and toss to coat. Bring water and margarine to a boil in a saucepan; reduce heat to low and stir in long grain and wild rice mix. The Best Cold Curry Rice Salad Recipes on Yummly In a large bowl, combine the chicken, rice, water chestnuts and green onions.