Cheesy Grits with Canadian Bacon. Beat in grits with whisk; reduce heat to low. Stir in cheese and Canadian bacon. In a large saucepan, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally.
We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. Great recipe for Cheesy Grits with Canadian Bacon. The smokey flavor of the homemade Canadian bacon, the slight taste of cheese, and those wonderful grits. You can have Cheesy Grits with Canadian Bacon using 5 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheesy Grits with Canadian Bacon
- Prepare 2 cups of grits.
- You need 8 cups of water.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded cheese cheddar.
- You need 1/3 pound of Canadian bacon see my recipe.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
I'm not typically a big breakfast type, but these Southern Bacon Cheesy Fried Grits hit the spot every now and then on the weekend. Smooth and creamy stone ground corn grits get mixed with cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon, spread in a pan to form overnight and get pan fried the next morning served with maple syrup. Preheat waffle iron to medium-high heat. Brush hot waffle iron with melted butter.
Cheesy Grits with Canadian Bacon instructions
- Dice the Canadian bacon. Boil the water and salt in a pot. Add in the Canadian bacon and after it's boiled 4 minutes stir in the grits. This needs to be stirred often so as to not to clump up. If not you will indeed have raw grit balls, no good..
- After the grits cook 15 minutes stir in the shredded cheese. Nice and smooth creamy silky grits! Serve I hope you enjoy!!!.
Slowly stir in grits, salt and paprika. You are going to smile from ear to ear when you taste these grits. They sometimes make me want to break out into song. seriously. You can't go wrong with good grits, cream, butter and beef stock. This creamy grits recipe is: Gluten Free and loaded with flavor.