Indian Tacos. Indian tacos of homemade fry bread topped with chili, cheese, lettuce, and tomato are a favourite at Aboriginal Pow Wows all summer long. Deliciously crispy outside, soft and chewy inside, Navajo Tacos made with Indian Fry Bread are topped with taco seasoned ground beef and beans! Indian tacos AKA Navajo tacos are like tacos but made with Indian frybread (AKA Navajo frybread) in place of the tortilla.
Indian Tacos are a delicious treat we have always enjoyed at the Oklahoma State Fair. Make delectable Indian Tacos with Fry Bread to enjoy anytime you want! Delicious Homemade Fry Bread – Aka "Navajo Tacos" Or "Indian Bread" – One Of The Best Recipes You'll Ever Try! You can have Indian Tacos using 21 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Indian Tacos
- You need of Base Ingredients.
- It’s 2 lbs of ground beef.
- It’s 1 lb of dry pintos.
- It’s 2 packs of taco seasoning.
- You need of Water.
- Prepare 1 of large onion cut up.
- You need 1 can of green chiles.
- It’s 1 of Tblsp chile powder.
- Prepare 1 of Tblsp cumin.
- It’s 1 of Tblsp oregano.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic salt.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 1 tsp of white sugar.
- It’s of Other Toppings.
- Prepare of Lettuce chopped.
- Prepare of Tomato chopped.
- Prepare of Black olives sliced.
- You need of Colby Jack cheese grated.
- You need of Salsa.
- It’s of Sour cream.
Pillows Of Dough Fried Until It's A Little Crispy On The Outside, But Soft On The Inside. Indian Fry BreadDelicious fried quick bread. Drizzle on honey, sprinkle on cinnamon sugar, or top them with ground beef, lettuce, and tomatoes to make Indian Tacos. From Ponca City, Oklahoma, LaDonna Reed writes, "Our son-in-law is half Comanche and half Kiowa, and this recipe is similar to one he uses.
Indian Tacos step by step
- Sort thru and soak the dry pintos in water overnight.
- Brown the ground beef with the onion on medium heat and add the taco seasoning with the water and cook together for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse and drain the soaked pintos then add them to the beef mixture with just a little water you want it to cook down eventually.
- Add the Chile powder, cumin, oregano, garlic salt, bay leaves, can of chile's and sugar. Cook it on low for about 2 hours stirring once in a while it will be done when the beans are soft.
- Chop, slice, grate and gather your toppings.
- Spread the beef and bean mixture on top of your fry bread Add the other toppings and ENJOY! ❤️❤️😋❤️❤️.
I grew up on Navajo tacos. I was always so excited when my mom said we were having Navajo tacos for dinner (I was that annoying child who would ask my mom. Indian Tacos~Indian tacos AKA Navajo tacos are like tacos but made with Indian frybread (AKA Navajo frybread) in place of the tortilla. I love these for a change from regular tacos or burritos. Top with green chili instead of salsa if desired.