Granola cookies 🍪. This granola recipe is also a far more healthy granola option, since it's made with whole grains, unrefined oil and naturally sweetened. You just can't beat freshly baked granola packed with delicious and good-for-you ingredients. Plus, homemade granola is super easy to make.
Dumped over yogurt, granola is my easiest breakfast. Snatched from the jar by the handful, it's my favorite snack. And sometimes, floating in a bowl of cold milk, granola is my late-night dinner. You can cook Granola cookies 🍪 using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Granola cookies 🍪
- Prepare 1 cup of butter, softened.
- Prepare 1 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 3 cups of Granola mix.
Roughly chop and add the almonds to a large baking tray with the oats and seeds. Easy Healthy Homemade Granola Recipe Homemade granola can be a healthy, comforting, and delicious treat. Most of the store-bought stuff is high in sugar, contains unhealthy fats and oils, and is packed full of fillers and unnecessary ingredients. These easy-to-make homemade granola bars are inspired by the flavors of a classic oatmeal chocolate chip cookie.
Granola cookies 🍪 step by step
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter, white sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in granola mix. I used this brand of granola. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour..
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets. Roll the dough into walnut sized balls, and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets. Flatten each cookie with a fork dipped in sugar icing.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely..
But feel free to vary the mix-ins to your preference. We tested several sticky sweeteners, including maple syrup and honey, but found brown rice syrup held the bars together the best. When I recently stopped by the grocery store to pick up more oatmeal for baking cookies, I passed by the snack bars located on the same aisle. Since that brought back memories (and snack cravings!) from high school, I decided to hold off on the cookies and made these Healthy Banana Nut Granola Bar Bites instead. They're soft and chewy with the same flavors as the ever-popular banana nut.