Sweet Potato Lasagna GF Instant Pot. Great recipe for Sweet Potato Lasagna GF Instant Pot. I'm going to apologize now because all measurements are estimated. This is supposed to be a dish that you can kind of throw together without too much prep.
Weight Watchers] Sweet Potato Lasagna is a healthy lasagna recipe, made using sweet potato noodles instead of pasta. With authentic bolognese and creamy bechamel sauces, this healthy dinner tastes better than a traditional lasagna! It's very easy to prep this lasagna ahead of time, making it a great choice for Freezer Meals. You can have Sweet Potato Lasagna GF Instant Pot using 7 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sweet Potato Lasagna GF Instant Pot
- It’s 1 of large sweet potato.
- It’s 2 cups of ricotta or cottage cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of your favorite pasta sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of spinach or some other yummy veg.
- Prepare of Olive oil (optional).
- Prepare of Shredded cheese (Italian blend or mozzarella).
- Prepare of Spices (see step #2 for details).
Gluten-Free Pressure Cooker Lasagna can easily be made in an Instant Pot, Ninja Foodi, or Pressure Cooker. It's all going to have the exact same instructions. The Ninja Foodi and Instant Pot make it very easy to cook the meat right in the same pot as well. How to Make: Paleo Sweet Potato Lasagna.
Sweet Potato Lasagna GF Instant Pot instructions
- Peel sweet potato and use a mandolin to (carefully!) slice sweet potato into thin slices. (Hint: search for "slice-proof" kitchen gloves; you can find them for as low as $10 and they'll keep you from slicing off your poor fingers.).
- In a bowl, mix the ricotta or cottage cheese and your preferred spices. I like to add garlic (minced or powdered), a little bit of salt, a few twists of pepper, and a drizzle of olive oil. You could add basil, oregano, rosemary, thyme, sage, whatever you prefer..
- Tip: if you’re using cottage cheese instead of ricotta, use small curd and try to drain off some of the whey before you add in all of your spices. If you forget that step or just can't be bothered (sometimes you just don't wanna, right?), consider sprinkling in something like dried lentils or split peas to soak up some of the extra liquid, unless you don’t mind the result being a little soupy! Whatever makes you happy, it’s your food! 😁.
- Prep your spinach: if it's fresh, wash it and snap off the stems (unless you like the stems); if it's frozen, thaw it in the microwave; if it's canned, drain it..
- If you're using canned or frozen spinach, add it to the ricotta/cottage cheese mix. Otherwise, set it aside (you'll be using it as a layer)..
- In your baking dish, smear a thin layer of your fave pasta sauce, maybe 1-2 spoonfuls. (Make sure this is a bowl that will fit into your Instant Pot's inner bowl, if you're using an IP.).
- On top of the sauce, add a layer of sweet potato; make sure there's some overlap so that you can't see any of the layer under it between the slices..
- Add a thin layer of your cheese mix on top of the sweet potato. It can be a bit tricky to spread it without moving the potato around, but the sauce below it will help keep things in place..
- If you're using fresh leafy veg, add some of that on top of the cheese mix. If all of your veggies are mixed in with the cheese, add a layer of sliced sweet potato..
- I added some dried lentils on top of this layer of cheese because I wanted to add some lentil-y texture..
- Keep layering the veg and sweet potato and cheese until you run out or get close to the top of the dish. Add a thin layer of your favorite pasta sauce, then top that with as much shredded cheese as you like..
- In your Instant Pot's metal bowl, put down the metal trivet and add a cup of water (as per the usual IP instructions). Put the bowl of lasagna into the inner pot on top of the trivet, then load it up into the Instant Pot. Set it for 25 minutes on high pressure. Let it depressurize on its own after it's done..
- Sweet potatoes should be tender and easily eaten with a fork..
Making this lasagna can be broken up into three parts: the meat sauce, the almond ricotta, and the basil pesto. It might look intimidating at first glance but it's really not too hard when you break it down – just the right amount of work. They make a great side or main course and can easily be turned into dessert. Sweet Potato Apple Crisp Instant Pot-For those of us who have been celebrating holidays for decades and making the food that is the center of the celebration, we have a basic drill that we go through, and usually prepare the same dishes each year. In some ways, the fact that the menu is predictable and set, is something that everyone looks forward to.