Bobo de camarão (manioc cream with shrimps) – traditional brazilian. Cook the manioc in salted water until it is very soft. smash it together with the water to form a smooth pure. Fry the onion and garlic in oil and butter. Fry the shrimps for a short time and add the seasonings.
This is an iconic dish from the Bahia region of Brazil. Use any size and amount of shrimp depending on your circumstances. When we were choosing our dishes I think a number of us thought Brazilian food meant lots of meats so we decided to go a different route. You can cook Bobo de camarão (manioc cream with shrimps) – traditional brazilian using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bobo de camarão (manioc cream with shrimps) – traditional brazilian
- You need 1 kg of Manioc.
- Prepare 700 grams of Clean shrimp.
- It’s 1 of Onion.
- You need 5 of Garlic pieces.
- It’s 250 ml of Coconut milk.
- You need 1 bunch of Salt.
- You need 1 bunch of Paprika.
- You need 1 bunch of Color – betalain – urucum.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Black pepper.
- You need 1 bunch of Cumin.
- You need 1 bunch of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 bunch of Butter.
Today the Afro-Brazilian culture is strong in Salvador, the capital of Bahia. Most of the great traditional Brazilian foods, like the Brazilian shrimp soup known as moqueca de camarão were created in this state, which reflect the indigenous, African and Portuguese history. A Brazilian dish of shrimp in a purée of manioc (a.k.a. cassava) meal, coconut milk and other ingredients. Like many similar dishes, it is flavored with palm oil , called dendê in Brazilian Portuguese and is traditionally served with white rice , but may also be treated as a standalone side dish.
Bobo de camarão (manioc cream with shrimps) – traditional brazilian step by step
- Cook the manioc in salted water until it is very soft. smash it together with the water to form a smooth pure..
- Fry the onion and garlic in oil and butter. Fry the shrimps for a short time and add the seasonings..
- Add the manioc pure and stir. Add more salt if necessary. Some milk can be added to fix the texture..
- Serve hot with rice and chopped persil..
There are some tasty options like the Bobó de camarão, which is a meal with shrimp in manioc cream with coconut milk and dendêoil which comes from the fruit of the African Oil Palm. When it comes to Northeastern food, the restaurant "Mocotó" is the best according to those that live in São Paulo. Baba-de-moça is a traditional Brazilian dessert, a custard cream with eggs and coconut that is a common filling in numerous birthday cakes and pastries. It is made with coconut milk, sugar syrup, and egg yolks, developing a flavor that goes extremely well with sponge cakes. The name of the dessert can be literally translated to a maiden's kiss.