Chinese steamed eggs. Soft, smooth and tender steamed egg (蒸鸡蛋) is a comforting food for lots of Chinese children and a time-saving dish for house cooks. We love to make steam a small bowl of egg and serve it as a side dish or make a large bowl and share with the whole family. Chinese Steamed Egg (also known as Chinese Steamed Egg Custard) is a healthy breakfast.
Now measure out water at the same volume as the eggs, and add it to the bowl. Secret formulas of Chinese steamed eggs from renowned chefs. Since it is perfectly suitable for the targeted readers of my forthcoming cookbook, I have dug deeper into the details of making the perfect Chinese steamed eggs by referring to the methods perfected by various renowned Chinese chefs. You can cook Chinese steamed eggs using 4 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chinese steamed eggs
- It’s 2 of egg.
- You need 1/3 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1 of pre-boiled water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Soy sauce.
If you wish, replace water with chicken stock for a fuller taste. Warm water works best for Chinese steamed eggs. The right temperature helps the beaten egg and the water to combine. Chinese Steamed Egg: A Traditional Dish In Chinese Cuisine.
Chinese steamed eggs step by step
- The eggs are beaten gently avoiding bubbles..
- salt is added, and mixed with the eggs. The color will slightly change to orange..
- 1.5 times of water is added slowly, and mixed gently also..
- The mixture is sieved. And the bubbles are removed with spoon..
- The container is covered with plastic wrap, and steamed for 12 min..
- soy sauce is added on the surface..
This is the most basic version of Chinese Steamed Egg. Perhaps you can say it's the Chinese equivalent of Chawanmushi. It is also known as 蒸水蛋 i.e. "steamed water eggs", because it is literally just steaming a water-egg mixture. These are smooth, silky, and tasty Chinese-styled steamed eggs with minced meat. You can use either chicken or pork for this recipe.