Turkey Lettuce Wraps. After the holidays I am ready to set goals and think more about What Lettuce Is Best For Making Lettuce Wraps? Iceberg Lettuce gives them a nice crispiness but they. Healthy eating is very doable with recipes like this one!
Healthy turkey lettuce wraps are the perfect example of eating a salad in. Turkey taco lettuce wraps are my go-to recipe when I want to eat something easy, delicious and light, and of course, healthy and low-carb! I forgo the taco shells and use lettuce leaves instead. You can have Turkey Lettuce Wraps using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Sesame oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Minced garlic.
- You need 1 tbsp of Minced ginger.
- You need 3 each of Chile de Arbol.
- It’s 1 lb of Ground turkey.
- Prepare 1 can of Water chestnuts 8 oz.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Hoisin sauce.
- It’s 2 cup of Cole slaw mix.
- You need 1 bunch of Cilantro.
- Prepare 1 head of Lettuce.
- It’s of Sauce.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Sriracha sauce.
- You need 2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Spicy yellow mustard.
- You need 1 packages of Splenda sugar – one packet/envelope.
Make them chicken lettuce wraps, turkey lettuce wraps, or pork lettuce wraps, and they're all delicious. Thai Turkey Lettuce Wraps. with water chestnuts and sesame dipping sauce. Thai Turkey Lettuce Wraps This recipe calls for ground turkey, but you could easily substitute shredded or chopped poultry instead to make this spicy, citrusy, nutty and herbaceous dish. These Asian-inspired Turkey Lettuce Wraps are ultra fresh, flavorful, and fast.
Turkey Lettuce Wraps step by step
- Commence by heating sesame oil in pan. Add garlic, ginger and pepper and sauté until golden brown. NOTE: I added chile de Arbol to mine because I like to add a hint of spice. You can use just about any type of pepper or none..
- Add turkey to the mixture and cook until meat is no longer pink..
- While the meat is cooking, chop the water chestnuts and cilantro into small bite pieces..
- Add hoisin sauce to the meat mixture and cook for approximately 2 minutes..
- Add water chestnuts to the meat mixture and cook for another minute..
- Turn off the stove (but maintain pot in burner) then add the cole slaw mixture and cilantro..
- Mix all ingredients then remove pot from stove. By doing this, the veggies will maintain their crisp..
- Cut lettuce as shown below, in order to create lettuce cups..
- If you would like to make the spicy topping sauce: mix all of the sauce ingredients. Feel free to add more or less until you reached the desired spice. The sauce should taste like a sweet/spicy sauce. Pour on lettuce wrap and Enjoy!.
Make these to celebrate the Chinese New Year before it ends! Chicken lettuce wraps are classic, but you will really enjoy putting steak, pork, even vegetables between the delicate lettuce leaves. Thai turkey lettuce wraps are made with ground turkey cooked in a delicious Thai peanut curry sauce and served in crunchy romaine lettuce leaves. I'm married to a marathon runner, which means dinners need to be healthy but flavor-packed. These low-carb wraps are quick and easy.