Cultured Coconut Cream.
You can have Cultured Coconut Cream using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cultured Coconut Cream
- You need of base.
- It’s 1 cup of Coconut Cream (from a can of full fat coconut milk).
- You need 1 of Probiotic Capsule (I use Megafood Megaflora Tablets).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need of supplies.
- It’s 1 of Coffee Strainer or Cheesecloth.
- It’s 1 of non-metallic bowl.
- It’s 1 of non-metallic tool for mixing.
- Prepare of taste and texture (optional).
- You need of lemon juice.
- It’s of honey.
- It’s of fruit.
- It’s of powdered sugar.
- You need of Coconut Water.
Cultured Coconut Cream step by step
- Make sure all your cookware and cooking utensils are sanitized and non-metallic, as this can affect how the cultures in the Megaflora tablets react and it also affects the final taste..
- For the Coconut Cream: refrigerate a can of full fat coconut milk for a few hours or overnight. Then take the can out, turn it upside down, take the lid off the bottom of the can, pour the clear coconut water out into a container (and save it if you wish), and then the white cream will be left..
- Fix the mesh strainer over a bowl and cover it in the coffee strainer or cheesecloth, or fix the coffee strainer or cheesecloth to the bowl with a rubber band or duct tape. (If your cheesecloth is not very thick, fold it a few times). Set aside..
- Combine the cream, the powder in the probiotic tablet, and the salt and mix together well..
- Place the mixture in the cheesecloth or coffee strainer, cover the whole thing, and store at room temperature for 36-48 hours or until it cultures to desired taste..
- Discard drained liquid and store the cultured cream in a container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks..
- OPTIONAL: to change taste or texture add honey (sweet and creamier), sugar (sweet and firmer), lemon juice (tangy and creamier), or fruit (depends on fruit and if pureed). These can be added before culturing the cream to affect the final taste and texture, and it will also feed the culture..