Coconut chocolate pie. this is a classic hawaiian dessert and a great recipe. i am from hawaii and have had countless chocolate haupia pies the most famous are from ted's bakery but thought this tasted even better. my husband doesn't like whipped cream so i actually made it without that and it was still very good. the only thing was after being in the fridge for a few days the coconut top started to brown on the. Taste of Home has the best chocolate coconut pie recipes from real cooks like you, featuring reviews, ratings, how-to videos and tips. Banana Chocolate Coconut Pie A friend gave me the recipe for this pie crust, which goes great with a banana filling.
I mean I love the flaky crust and the thick layer of coconut whipped cream but it is all about the chocolate and coconut. In a small bowl, mix flour and salt; cut in lard until crumbly. Gradually add ice water, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. You can cook Coconut chocolate pie using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Coconut chocolate pie
- Prepare of Crust.
- You need 1 cup of Walnut halves.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Medjool dates, pitted (about 4).
- You need 1 pinch of of salt.
- Prepare of Filling.
- You need 1 cup of Coconut cream.
- You need 1/2 cup of Medjool dates, pitted (about 6).
- It’s 85 grams of Dark chocolate.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Coconut oil.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
Thankfully this Chocolate Coconut Cream pie recipe is fairly easy. The part that takes the longest is merely waiting for the custard filling to set up. And when you make each piece of the chocolate coconut cream pie from scratch, it truly makes it completely worth every effort you put in. Slowly pour chocolate mixture over coconut and pecans in pie plate.
Coconut chocolate pie step by step
- To make the crust, in a food processor with an “S” blade, puree the walnuts, dates, cinnamon, and salt for about 20 seconds or until very fine. Transfer to a pie dish or two 10cm spring form tins. Rinse the food processor..
- Heat the coconut cream slightly in the microwave for 45 seconds..
- Add the coconut cream, dates, chocolate, coconut oil, and vanilla to the food processor and puree for 1 minute or until the filling is dark and completely smooth..
- Pour the filling over the crust and chill to set in the fridge for 2-3 hours. When ready to serve top with whipped coconut cream and enjoy..
I had never tried to make a coconut cream pie before this one. It was surprisingly simple." – zolunda. Old-Fashioned Coconut Cream Pie "This is a family favorite. I substitute at least one can of coconut milk for the half-and-half. "- Chrissie Travis Cleghorn. French Coconut Pie "This is an awesome coconut pie!