Pasta Smoked Sausage and Sauerkraut. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook onion and bell pepper in oil, stirring frequently, until onion is tender. Pasta Smoked Sausage and Sauerkraut Butter is the key to this dish.
When pasta is tender, drain, and combine in with other ingredients. Slice Sausage lengthwise and then cut the pieces into half moons as thick or as thin as you would like. Thinner slices create a meatier presentation and thicker slices create a meatier bite. You can have Pasta Smoked Sausage and Sauerkraut using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pasta Smoked Sausage and Sauerkraut
- It’s of Pasta—————-.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of extra Virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of noodles.
- Prepare 1 quart of water to boil pasta.
- Prepare of Panfry————————-.
- Prepare 1 pound of smoked sausage.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1 of medium onion diced.
- It’s 28 ounces of sauerkraut.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
- It’s To taste of salt and ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
In a large skillet or a medium pot heat oil and sauté onion and garlic until onion is translucent. Add sausage and almost sear it. Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large bowl, combine milk and soup.
Pasta Smoked Sausage and Sauerkraut step by step
- Slice the sausage into bite sized pieces. Boil the sausage and the pasta..
- Sauté the onions in the butter, when translucent add the cooked pasta and sausage pieces, when the pasta has absorbed most of the butter then add the sauerkraut, and chopped parsley. Add the salt and pepper..
- When everything is mixed add the 1/2 stick butter in pats. Stir just a bit. Add 1 cup of the pasta-sausage water. Cover and simmer for 15 – 20 minutes..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!.
Drain pasta; stir into sausage mixture. Pour the sauerkraut sauce into the pot with the penne and add the sour cream; stir to coat. Grease or spray a large casserole;set aside. Polish sausage and sauerkraut are a perfect combination. This recipe shows off the duo in a simple way, adding the taste of apples, bacon, and brown sugar to create a flavorful dish.