🍁Sausage and butternut squash rice skillet🍁. In a Dutch oven or a large skillet with a lid, heat the olive oil, two turns of the pan, over medium-high. Add the squash, onion, garlic, chile, nutmeg and coarsely chopped sage; season with salt and pepper. Stir in the wild rice, seasoning packet, chicken broth and cranberries.
Add the sausage and cook, breaking into large pieces with the back of a spoon. Add in sage, fennel seed and ground cloves or allspice. Add the squash, onion, garlic, chile and nutmeg; season with salt and pepper. You can have 🍁Sausage and butternut squash rice skillet🍁 using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of 🍁Sausage and butternut squash rice skillet🍁
- Prepare 3 of sweet italian sausage, casing removed.
- You need 2.5 cups of cooked herbed rice (see notes for my quickie recipe).
- Prepare 1.5 cups of butternut squash, diced medium-small.
- Prepare 1 of onion, diced.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1/4 cup of white wine.
- You need 3/4 cup of mozz/white cheddar mix shredded cheese.
- You need 1 sprig of fresh thyme.
- It’s 2 leaves of sage, chopped into thin strips.
In a large skillet (that has a lid), heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Uncover, add vinegar, soy sauce and stir to combine. 🍁Sausage and butternut squash rice skillet🍁 Be prepared for a whole lot of squash recipes. Lightly caramelized butternut squash cooked in browned butter and topped with tender herbed chicken and crisp green beans screams all things Fall and comfort food! This dish is definitely becoming a Fall and Winter staple in our home.
🍁Sausage and butternut squash rice skillet🍁 instructions
- In oven proof skillet, cook sausage breaking it up as you cook..
- Add the onions and garlic and let cook until onions are translucent then pour in your white wine. Cook 3-5 min.
- Add the diced butternut squash. Cook for 5-8 min or so.
- Add your herbs and salt and pepper and stir until combined.
- Add the rice to the skillet and mix everything and let cook together for 3 min.
- Top the skillet with cheese and bake in 400°F for 20 min or until butternut squash is cooked through (that's why it's important its diced medium-small AND you've taken the time above to cook the squash a bit… it will finish through in the oven).
- QUICKIE RICE: in a pot bring to boil 1 cup long grain rice (or wild rice) with 1 chicken bouillon cube, dried basil, oregano and thyme..
This Skillet Lasagna with Basil, Italian Sausage, and Butternut Squash is the perfect example. Every forkful delivers the kind of wrap-you-up, grandma's-cooking comfort that we seek from lasagna, but the ingredient lineup is shockingly good for you (just like in this Sweet Potato Pasta ). In a large bowl, combine the butternut flesh, rice, sausage, onion/cabbage mix and the Parmesan cheese. Mix thoroughly, making sure the butternut flesh breaks up into medium chunks. Spoon the filling into the dish and top with shredded fontina or mozzarella.