BBQ roasted chickpea bowls (vegetarian / vegan). Great recipe for BBQ roasted chickpea bowls (vegetarian / vegan). Cook rice according to the package directions. Pour barbecue sauce over the mixture, stir, and send to the preheated oven.
Roasted chickpeas are one of my favorite foods and I love this Korean BBQ version. The chickpeas are super tasty, especially with all of the. I used a store-bought vegan BBQ sauce to make this recipe but if you prefer homemade, you can try my vegan BBQ sauce recipe. You can have BBQ roasted chickpea bowls (vegetarian / vegan) using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of BBQ roasted chickpea bowls (vegetarian / vegan)
- Prepare 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of BBQ sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of cooked millet.
- You need Half of pint cherry tomatoes.
- It’s Half of green or red bell pepper, chopped.
- Prepare Half of red onion, sliced.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Pepper.
I used canned chickpeas for this recipe but chickpeas cooked from scratch work too. Today, I'm sharing another quick and easy vegan dinner recipe: BBQ Chickpea and Veggie Bowls filled with roasted veggies and chickpeas and drizzled with zesty bbq sauce!. This vegan rice bowl recipe comes courtesy of fellow blogger and friend, Jenn Sebestyen who you may know from the website Veggie Inspired. Her book, "The Meatless Monday Family Cookbook" was recently published and it.
BBQ roasted chickpea bowls (vegetarian / vegan) step by step
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Toss chickpeas with your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Toss vegetables with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread chickpeas and veggies out on a baking sheet.
- Start cooking millet to package directions.
- Roast chickpeas and veggies for 20 minutes.
- Serve veggies and chickpeas over millet with olive oil or extra BBQ sauce on top.
For more easy vegan bowls, check out my: Simple Vegan Fall Harvest Bowl // Tempeh Quinoa Macro Bowl // Sushi Bowl with Vegan Spicy Mayo // Vegan Dragon Bowls with Miso Gravy // Mediterranean Farro Salad Bowls. If you'd like a visual of the recipe, watch the video below to make this recipe with me. This Roasted Plantain + BBQ Chickpea Vegan Bowl recipe is the ultimate dinner idea that comes packed with a sweet + spicy side of chickpeas, fresh spinach, baked sweet potatoes, snow peas, and a twist of oven roasted sweet plantains. The barbecue chickpeas in this dish pair perfectly with the sweet pineapple. Pick a barbecue sauce that is not very sweet to help keep flavors balanced.