Chilli idli. Chilli idli recipe with step by step photos – spicy Indo Chinese recipe of chilli idli fry. A tasty way to use leftover idlis. At times I steam extra Idlis, just to make this recipe of.
If you are making fresh batch of idlis, then. Chilli idli recipe is a delicious street style snack you can do with leftover idli. This spicy and crispy snack is all you need on a cold winter evening. You can cook Chilli idli using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chilli idli
- Prepare 12 of Idli.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- It’s 1/2 of Capsicum.
- It’s of Green chilli 2nos.
- It’s 1 inch of Ginger.
- It’s of Garlic cloves 2.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Chilli sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Tomato ketchup.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare of Cornflour or gramflour.
- It’s of Mix it into water.
Chilli idlis are as healthy as they are tasty. Idlis of course are made with a fermented rice and lentil batter that has its own set of healthy properties. Simple Indian Chilli Egg Idli (Chilli Idli, Chili Idli) Recipe: Easy to prepare chilli idli with leftover idlies. Chilli Idli Fry is a delicious snack prepared with plain idli and vegetables stir-fried in Indian Chinese sauce.
Chilli idli instructions
- You can prepare idle newly or else it be prepared before day night (it's your choice).
- After preparing idle cut it into 4 equal parts..
- You have to cut one onion, in that 1/4 onion can cut finely chopped, other part is cut into cube shape.
- Heat 5tbps oil,once it heated added idle into oil and fry it. Until it turns into crisp and golden brown..
- Once it turns into golden brown strain oil and keep idle aside(fry all idle).
- Heat the pan add 2tps oil.once it heated add finely grated ginger and garlic it turns little golden. Add finely chopped onion cook until it's soft. Add capsicum mix well and add required amount of salt.
- Add chilli sauce, soysauce, tomato ketchup mix well until it's binding..
- After bind add cube onion and mix well(don't over cook). Coz we need bed crisp texture..
- Need to pour cornflour or gramflour into the pan..
- Add already fried idle and just mix into the sauce.u can see the idle changing color..
- Enjoy with tomato ketchup..
If ever you are out of ideas to use the leftover idli from the breakfast. Chilli idli is a healthy filling snack with a bunch of vegetables thrown in, kids will love Amma, used to fry the idlies coated with a little chilli and turmeric powder; but I blindly. Idli is one of the most common breakfast recipe we have in our houses. Let's transform it to hot and spicy Chilli Idli! Chilli idli fry recipe is a merge of Indo-Chinese cuisine.