Chicken Parmesan Skillet Casserole. View Our Easy Chicken Parmesan Recipe. Make It With Prego® Italian Sauce Tonight Now Choose From Multiple Easy Chicken Recipes To Create That Perfect Meal. THIS one-pan chicken parmesan casserole is SO good!!!!!
And if you give this One-Pan Chicken Parmesan Casserole recipe a try, let. How you make chicken parmesan casserole. Cook your pasta: Cook the pasta according to package directions. You can cook Chicken Parmesan Skillet Casserole using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Parmesan Skillet Casserole
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Italian style panko crispy bread crumbs. (You really need the panko bread crumbs for this).
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese.
- It’s 1 lb of skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch pieces, patted dry.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of tomato basil pasta sauce (I ended up using the entire 22 oz jar, so be flexible!).
- You need 1 1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese. (I use the whole bag, what's another 1/2 cup).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of shredded fresh basil (if you have it. I sprinkled a bit of dry basil seasoning on it).
Rinse and drain the pasta in a colander. Prepare and fry your chicken: In a large skillet heat the oil over medium heat. While pasta is cooking, slice chicken into strips and brown in skillet. In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, bread crumbs, Parmesan, parsley, half the garlic, and egg and season with salt and pepper.
Chicken Parmesan Skillet Casserole step by step
- Heat oven to 400 degrees farenheit.
- In a 10" oven proof skillet melt a tablespoon of butter. Add bread crumbs cook stirring frequently until toasted, about 5 minutes. Transfer to separate small dish..
- Wipe skillet and add remaining 2 tablespoons butter into skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and salt and cook until chicken is cooked thru, add garlic, Italian seasoning and pepper flakes; stir and cook another minute..
- Stir in pasta sauce; heat to simmering. Remove from heat, top with mozzarella cheese. Bake until cheese is melted probably 5 minutes..
- Sprinkle with bread crumb mixture. Top with basil..
- I served this over spaghetti..
Baked Chicken and Penne Pasta Casserole. Last top with your toasted breadcrumbs. How to Serve Chicken Parmesan Casserole: I like to serve the same sides I would with any Italian dish. Some tips and tricks for making this easy Skillet Chicken and Rice Recipe: I love to serve some freshly roasted broccoli with my skillet chicken and rice casserole and it rounds out the meal nicely. You can also throw in a big cupful of parmesan cheese right at the end of cooking, and it adds such a nice salty, nutty bite, but my kids are weirdos and prefer their rice non-cheesy, so I didn't.