Chinese Beef Steak. The Best Chinese Beef Steak Recipes on Yummly Chinese Pepper Steak (stir-fried Beef With Onions, Peppers, And Black Pepper Sauce), Black Pepper Steak, Chinese Pepper Steak We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. Save Money and learn HOW TO tenderise meat using this Chinese Restaurant pre-cooking trick so you too, at home can always have soft, tender, silky meat in all of your stir-fry dishes, works on.
Option: Tenderising beef for stir fries. Ever notice how the meat in Chinese dishes is so incredibly tender, and how your stir fries at home are just never the same? The secret is tenderising the meat – a method called velveting. You can cook Chinese Beef Steak using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chinese Beef Steak
- It’s 1/2 kg of beef.
- It’s 1/4 cup of oil.
- It’s 5 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- You need 2 tsp of msg / magic sarap.
- It’s 1 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of paprika / chili powder.
- You need 2 medium of onion.
Mix together the plain flour and half the cornstarch. It is one of the best Chinese beef dishes at Chinese restaurants or for takeout. The popularity is second to broccoli beef. Mongolian beef is delicious, with silky and tender beef in a rich and savory Chinese brown sauce.
Chinese Beef Steak step by step
- slice beef thinly.
- heat oil in pan and fry garlic.
- sear beef until almost fried in texture but do not overcook.
- add salt and msg.
- mix in the ketchup and sugar, lower down heat.
- while simmering add in the chili powder.
- when the sauce is almost dry add the onion rings and slightly cook.
- take off from heat and serve.
Add the steak and fry for a minute per side. Remove the cooked steak and set aside. Pour the sauce into the hot pan/wok and bring to a vigorous boil. Return the steak to the pan/wok. Toss to combine, making sure that the all the meat is covered in the sauce.