Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken. Make life easier with Instant Pot, the programmable pressure & multi cooker. Hands down THE BEST Instant Pot rotisserie chicken! I change out the thyme for rosemary for personal preference and couldn't be happier with the results.
If you do not have an instant pot, this recipe should still work in a large stovetop pressure cooker. Update: I have added an additional (optional) step to this recipe. Place trivet inside the pot; place chicken back in the pot, breast side down on the trivet, and pour in chicken broth. You can have Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken
- It’s 2 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of dried thyme.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garlic powder (add more if you love garlic).
- You need 1 (4 pound) of whole roasting chicken.
- You need 1 of lemon, halved (if no lemon available use 1 onion and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of canola oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken stock.
Best of all, includes instructions for using fresh,, thawed or frozen chicken, and an oven. Note: This post may contain affiliate links; view my Disclosure Policy for details. Set the Instant Pot to "sauté, medium heat" and add the olive oil. Once it reads "hot," add the chicken, breast-side down.
Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken instructions
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, thyme, paprika, oregano, onion powder and garlic powder and rosemary..
- 2. Remove giblets and excess fat from the chicken cavity. Dry chicken thoroughly with paper towels. Season chicken and chicken cavity with salt mixture. Stuff cavity with lemon..
- Set 6-qt Instant Pot® to the high saute setting. Add canola oil and chicken, breast side down, and cook until evenly golden brown, about 4-5 minutes. Using tongs, flip, and cook for an additional 4 minutes; set aside.
- 4. Place metal trivet into the pot and add chicken stock. Gently place chicken on top of the trivet. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 28 minutes. When finished cooking, naturally release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions, about 20-30 minutes. Let rest 10-15 minutes..
Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken is one of the most delicious recipes for a whole chicken! This easy recipe for Instant Pot Whole Chicken is flavored with a homemade rotisserie seasoning and is perfect for an easy dinner or using. Instant pot rotisserie chicken soup ready to cook. Assembling Rotisserie Chicken Soup Cooking this Instant Pot Chicken soup: There are several ways you can make soup in the instant pot. I've used all these methods to make soup.