Penne with vodka sauce instant pot. Types of tomatoes that can be used for Penne Alla Vodka: Diced ripe plum tomatoes; Jar of favorite marinara sauce; Canned tomato puree; Puree a can of peeled plum tomatoes and add minced fresh garlic; Step by Step Instant Pot Penne Alla Vodka Recipe: Turn the Instant Pot to Saute mode and heat oil. Add onions, garlic and red pepper flakes. Our Instant Pot Penne with Vodka Sauce Recipe has all the great flavors of onions, garlic, red pepper flakes, tomatoes, and heavy cream tossed with tender penne noodles just like the stove top version.
Sometimes you just need a big, delicious bowl of creamy, rich pasta and Instant Pot Penne Vodka Recipe is ready to give you your fix. Make it in the pressure cooker and you only have one pot to clean! I actually like this recipe better in the Instant Pot than on the stove top – it's easier, faster, and infuses the pasta with the flavor of the sauce while still keeping it a perfect al dente. You can cook Penne with vodka sauce instant pot using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Penne with vodka sauce instant pot
- It’s 2 TBSP of olive oil.
- You need 1 lb of chicken breast cubed.
- You need 1 of medium onion diced.
- Prepare 8 cloves of garlic minced.
- Prepare 2 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 28 oz of can of crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 3/4 cup of vodka.
- It’s 8-10 of basil leaves ruffly chopped.
- You need 6-8 of sage leaves ruffly chopped.
- You need 1 TBSP of dried oregino.
- You need 1 TBSP of dried thyme.
- You need 1 lb of penne pasta.
- It’s 3/4 of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese plus more.
- Prepare of Chopped fresh parsley for garnish.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
For any other type or brand of pasta, set Instant Pot to Manual(HI) for half the time that is specified as cooking time on the pasta box. This dish can be made wholesome by adding some sautéed chicken, shrimp, peas or mushrooms. I would sauté the meat or veggies in the Instant Pot as the first step in some oil with salt and pepper. Add the can of stewed or diced tomatoes, pasta, marinara sauce, vodka, garlic and butter (in that order).
Penne with vodka sauce instant pot instructions
- Turn on instant pot to saute high setting. When IP reads hot add olive oil..
- Add chicken to the pot. And stir occasionally till outside of chicken turns white..
- Add in onion and garlic. Again stirring occasionally untill onions start to soften..
- Add in chicken broth, vodka, and crushed tomatoes. Stir mixture and scrape any bits from the bottom the pot..
- Stir in basil and sage..
- Seal IP and cook on manual (high) pressure for 10 minutes. Then allow a 10 minute natural release..
- After pressure is realised remove lid add penne pasta reseal IP and cook at manual (high) pressure for 4 minutes. Then quick release the pressure. Remove lid. Turn off IP so the pasta over cook..
- Stir in heavy cream and parmesan cheese..
- Plate and top with parsley and parmesan cheese..
How to make Instant Pot Penne Alla Vodka. Saute: Use the saute function of your IP to cook the diced onions in butter. Add the garlic and the seasonings, too. As the name implies, vodka sauce has vodka in it. Unlike a Bloody Mary (another favorite vodka/tomato combo) you won't get a buzz since a lot of the alcohol disappears as it simmers.