Instant pot boiled Cajun Peanuts. Make life easier with Instant Pot, the programmable pressure & multi cooker. Instant Pot Spicy Boiled Peanuts- A fantastically quick and easy way to make this loved southern snack. Typically boiled peanuts are slow cooked in a large kettle for hours and hours to get them soft.
When they start to rise (since they float), you have enough. Instant Pot Cajun Boiled Peanuts are a spicier version of the salty snack made famous in the south! If you love boiled peanuts, you have to try these Instant Pot Cajun boiled peanuts! You can have Instant pot boiled Cajun Peanuts using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Instant pot boiled Cajun Peanuts
- Prepare 2 lbs of (green/raw) peanuts.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Kosher sea salt.
- It’s 1/2 cup of tony seasoning.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1 (48 oz) of beef both or chicken.
They've got a hint of spicy kick to them, and they're SO easy to make! Note: This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. Sort through the peanuts, removing any debris. Rinse peanuts well and place into the Instant Pot.
Instant pot boiled Cajun Peanuts instructions
- This is made for over the night, so start it when you go to bed..
- Add peanut and all ingredients, give it a good mix. Make sure the peanuts are covered with liquid and are floating, you can just add water if needed…. and don’t go over the fill line in the pot. You may have to use less peanuts depending on the pressure cooker or instant pot you are using..
- Cook on hi for 1 hr with a natural release, leave on for over night it will go in to keep warm..
- When checking on them they next day, see if they are done, every peanut is different from what I hear.. if they are not done, add 30 more mins on hi with a natural release….. (I added the 30, mins the next day, I checked them out gave them a good mix added some water if needed, and cooked for 30 or mins.).
- Notes- using chicken broth or beef, you will have a different flavor, I plan on trying them both and seeing what one I like better..
- Cheap way – use water not broth, I used water only, and half of the bottle of seasoning, and use table salt 🧂. (peanuts was 1.98 at Walmart, seasoning was 1.57 I think).
- This made me a little nervous 😬 on making them, I went to the website and seen their recipes they had one for boiled ones, this is why it’s cooked for overnight! And cooked an extra 30 minutes in the morning, I used a ninja foodie to make this in and it did stay on warm after the pressure released naturally and stayed on a over night, Iam unsure of other pressure cookers and instant pots….. before making please read on food safety if you never made raw peanuts/ boiled peanuts…..
Add salt to the insert pot. Add enough water to cover the peanuts and stir. Add the salt, cajun seasoning, crushed red pepper, liquid smoke, and garlic powder. One more reason I am obsessed with this device. Add the Zatarain's, hot peppers, garlic, and salt.