Jicama Salad. Combine jicama, carrots, red onion, both peppers, tomato in a medium bowl. Whisk together the lime juice, vinegar, honey, olive oil and cayenne and season with salt and pepper to taste. I first encountered jicama (pronounced HICK-ah-mah) years ago in cafeteria salad bars, and on its own (how they typically serve it in those places), jicama can be a little boring.
Arrange romaine on a serving plate. Jicama is easily accessible in my part of the world and I am always looking for new and different ways to prepare it. This recipe is from The New Family Cookbook for People with Diabetes. You can cook Jicama Salad using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Jicama Salad
- It’s 4 cup of jicama.
- You need 1 large of onion.
- You need 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need dash of salt and pepper.
- You need of OPTIONAL ADD ON.
- You need 2 clove of garlic paste or 1tsp of garlic powder.
Makes a nice addition to a cookout. Please note: The cook time is the recommended chilling time. Combine the jicama, carrots, cabbage and onion, cucumber, red pepper and cilantro in large bowl and toss. Combine the julienned jicama, chopped cilantro, and salt and pepper in a large bowl.
Jicama Salad step by step
- JICAMA OR MEXICAN YUM AS IT IS ,,removed the skin then grated it with a cheese grated.
- With oil saute onion and garlic for about 5 minute till almost translucent.
- Uncover lid and mix well again then let it brown for another 10 minutes.
- Add grated jicama and mix well and cover lid for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
- BELOW ARE FEW OF MY JICAMA RECIPE,I AM GLAD TO SHARE WITH YOU https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/335239-jicama-stew-vegan.
Sprinkle with lime juice and toss to coat. Try it with coconut-flavored vinegar for a fun tropical twist. This crunchy jicama salad contains no mayonnaise, making it a great dish to pass. Mint adds a refreshing flavor, but can be omitted if you don't have it on hand.—Stephanie Matthews, Tempe, Arizona Fennel-Jicama Salad Recipe photo by Taste of Home Next Recipe. Jicama Mango Salad with Cilantro & Lime.