Fish tacos with avocado lime sauce. A super simple blackened fish taco recipe served with a creamy avocado lime sauce to drizzle on top. Firm white fish is coated with a spicy seasoning This fish taco recipe is inspired by a food adventure just south of the border in Baja California, Mexico. My husband and I stopped at several small seaside..
I used McCormick's Original Tartar Sauce for Seafood as the base and added an avocado spiked with cilantro and thinned it with a bit of lime juice. Fish Tacos with Avocado Sauce. "I grew up in Alaska where halibut was readily available for recipes like this. Easy fish tacos recipe with a chipotle lime marinade, avocado crema, and a crunchy jalapeno slaw topping. You can cook Fish tacos with avocado lime sauce using 21 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fish tacos with avocado lime sauce
- Prepare 1 lb of mahi mahi fish filets (any fish really).
- You need 1 of lime and zest of lime.
- You need 1 of avocado.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh cilantro.
- Prepare 1 cup of red cabbage.
- It’s 1 cup of green cabbage.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 of serrano pepper.
- It’s 1 of jalapeno pepper.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 8 (6 inch) of flour or corn tortilla.
- Prepare 3/4 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 of tomato.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of lime juice.
What is the best fish to use for Fish Tacos? I used tilapia for my fish taco recipe, but any mild white fish would. The fish tacos sauce with creamy avocado, sour cream and cilantro make it tasty! Grilled fish tacos are a delicious twist on taco night!
Fish tacos with avocado lime sauce step by step
- Combine sour cream, avocado, cilantro, 1 tbsp lime juice, lime zest, jalapeno and serrano pepper in a blender; process until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl and refrigerate..
- Combine paprika, brown sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, cumin and chili pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle seasoning evenly over both sides of the fish filets..
- Heat oil in a large cast-iron skillet or sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add fish to pan; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness..
- Combine tomatoes, red and green cabbage and cilantro in a bowl. Cut a wedge of lime and lightly sqeeze over slaw. Toss slaw adding salt and pepper to taste. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Divide fish evenly among tortillas and cover with the slaw..
What makes this recipe shine is the avocado-cilantro sauce! In the bowl of a food processor, blend the garlic and salt until finely chopped. Spicy pan grilled chicken and avocado tacos topped with a creamy cilantro lime sauce. The chicken and avocado make a delicious pair and complement each other perfectly. The real star of the dish is this flavor-packed cilantro lime.