Strawberry and Thyme Jam.
You can have Strawberry and Thyme Jam using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Strawberry and Thyme Jam
- You need of fresh and ripe strawberries.
- It’s of castor sugar.
- It’s of lemon juice.
- You need of thyme.
- It’s of pectin.
Strawberry and Thyme Jam step by step
- Remove the leaves of the strawberries and cut them in half. Toss the strawberries, sugar and lemon juice in a large heavy bottomed pot..
- Cover with lid and bring to a boil. Remove lid and boil for another 10~15 mins. Remove the scum rises to the surface of the boiling jam..
- Bring down to a simmer and blend the jam with a handheld blender or potato masher. Add in the thyme, leaves only..
- When the jam starts to reduce add in the pectin, stir well until it dissolve completely. Turn off the heat when the jam starts to thicken..
- Pour the jam into a clean and dry jar. Let cool at room temperature. Cover tightly and store in the fridge. Consume within 6 weeks..