Bacon and Tofu stir-fry in Japanese Style gravy.
You can have Bacon and Tofu stir-fry in Japanese Style gravy using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Bacon and Tofu stir-fry in Japanese Style gravy
- It’s 3-4 slices of bacon.
- Prepare 3-4 of green onions or half an onion.
- Prepare 50 g of carrot.
- Prepare 1 block of firm tofu (350g).
- Prepare 200 ml of Chicken Broth.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 tsp of potato starch (or corn starch).
Bacon and Tofu stir-fry in Japanese Style gravy step by step
- Cut the Tofu in half length wise and then cut it 2 cm wide. Place it in a pan and cover with water. Turn the heat on high and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes and drain. This will prevent the tofu from falling apart when cooking..
- Cut the bacon 1 cm wide. Slice the green onions diagonally 2 cm wide. Thinly slice the carrots into quarters..
- Heat the vegetable oil in the skillet over medium heat and add the bacon, green onions and carrots..
- Mix salt and soy sauce with the chicken broth and pour over the vegetables. Add the tofu and bring to boil. Turn down the heat to medium low and cook for 1 minute..
- Mix potato starch with the same amount of water and pour over the tofu. Gently mix it until it thickens. Let it cook for 1 minute..
- Remove from heat and serve immediately. The sauce will liquefy once it is cool. To thicken the sauce, reheat it until hot..