Crab and Sausage Cornbread Dressing. Prepare corn bread mix according to the packaging. Cool and crumble into a large metal bowl. The seafood that I use in this seafood cornbread dressing was budget friendly!
This seafood dressing is super moist – so you don't have to worry about the shrimp or crab drying out, just FYI! Crab and Sausage Cornbread Dressing Wendy S. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. You can have Crab and Sausage Cornbread Dressing using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crab and Sausage Cornbread Dressing
- It’s 6 Boxes of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix.
- Prepare 6 of Eggs.
- It’s 2 Cups of Milk.
- Prepare 1 Lb of Jimmy Dean or Park Sage Sausage.
- Prepare 1 Lb of Lump Crab Meat.
- You need 1 Box of Chicken Stock.
- It’s 1 Qt of Buttermilk.
- Prepare 1 of Each Diced Red, Yellow, Orange Peppers.
- It’s 1 of Large Diced Onion.
- It’s 4 of Large Chopped Cloves Garlic.
- It’s to Taste of Poultry Seasoning.
- Prepare 4 Stalks of Diced Celery.
Cook sausage until brown and crumbly, remove from the skillet but keep the oil in the pan. To save some time you can make the cornbread well in advance, bake the cubes and freeze them until ready to use in the stuffing. Use this cornbread recipe as it is the perfect amount to make this stuffing and will gaurantee perfect results every time! Combine the cubed cornbread, tasso and smoked sausage, cooked vegetables, green onion, parsley and sage in a mixing bowl.
Crab and Sausage Cornbread Dressing instructions
- Mix Corn Muffin Mix, Eggs and Milk into a batter and pour into a well greased casserole pan and bake as per instructions on the box about 30 to 45 minutes. After it is done and cools crumple it up and put in a covered dish on the counter for about 24 hours so it goes slightly stale..
- Fry Sausage in a skillet till fully cooked and drain. Set aside..
- In a 12 quart stock pot add a half a stick of butter and melt it. Add the veggies and sauté till slightly soft..
- Add the Sausage and Crab Meat and combine with the veggies in the pot..
- Add the Garlic and Poultry Seasoning (to taste as it’s strong stuff) and combine with the other ingredients in the pot..
- Add the Butter Milk and Chicken Stock to the pot and stir it all up..
- Add the Crumbled Corn Bread in stages and insure you fully incorporate it all into the pot with all the other good stuff. It’ll be a bit mushy and wet but it’s supposed to be that way..
- Pour the contents of the entire pot into a well greased casserole dish..
- Keep covered in fridge till ready to cook and serve it. When ready preheat your oven to 350 degrees and once heated put casserole in and back for 30 to 45 minutes. Voila! Your done!.
Cornbread stuffing with lump crab meat. You can either stuff your turkey with it or bake it in a cast iron skillet. When you bake it in the skillet it is crunchy on the outside and soft in the middle. One of my favorite dishes that I wanted to share! Let me know what you think, it's simple and easy and is AMAZING!!!!!!!