Vegan Orange Sesame Tempeh with Mushroom Brown Basmati Rice. Fried vegetable brown basmati rice with marinated tofu. Vegan Orange Sesame Tempeh with Mushroom Brown Basmati Rice.. Brown rice, basmati rice, water, sweet peas, drained, olive oil, soy sauce, fresh lime juice, ground ginger.
Pour the marinade over the tempeh and stir to coat. Once tempeh has marinated, heat a tablespoon of oil in a non-stick skillet. See great recipes for Tempeh and Anchovy Burger, Spicy Asian tempeh too! You can have Vegan Orange Sesame Tempeh with Mushroom Brown Basmati Rice using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan Orange Sesame Tempeh with Mushroom Brown Basmati Rice
- It’s 1/2 cup of fresh squeezed orange juice (you can use mandarins or clementines as well).
- Prepare 4-5 of garlic cloves chopped.
- You need of Ginger grated or ginger paste.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of soy sauce or more.
- It’s 1/4 cup of maple syrup.
- It’s 1-2 tablespoons of sugar.
- You need 2-3 of table spoons sesame oil.
- It’s of orange zest.
- You need 1 package of Tempeh.
- It’s of Sesame seeds.
- Prepare 1 cup of brown basmati rice.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped mushrooms to small size.
- You need of olive oil.
- It’s of salt and pepper.
If you'd like to make more use of brown rice, and want easy, tasty recipes right at your fingertips, consider our Tasty, Easy Brown Rice Recipes pdf e-book, part of our affordable e-book series. Add this mixture to the skillet and stir. Keep stirring until the rice stops sticking together and is slightly browned. Add the steamed broccoli and smoky tempeh to the skillet and stir.
Vegan Orange Sesame Tempeh with Mushroom Brown Basmati Rice step by step
- In a bowl add orange juice, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, maple syrup, sugar and sesame oil and add orange zest..
- Whisk ingredients in bowl and set aside..
- Cut up tempeh into one inch cubes or triangles.
- Prepare rice at same time. One cup rice into 2 1/4 cup boiling water. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until closed to prepared..
- Saute mushrooms with some olive oil in frying pan..
- Add prepared mushrooms to the rice when rice is almost done. and mix with spoon..
- Saute tempeh for 5 to 10 minutes in another frying pan in some olive oil..
To serve, divide the fried rice between two bowls and top with green onions. Sesame Orange Tofu – crispy tofu, luscious orange sauce, and bites of fresh citrus.. then transfer the tofu to a plastic zipper-close bag. Add the soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil to the bag. Seal the bag and give it a good shake. Re-open the bag and add one tablespoon of the corn starch..