Wonton soup instant pot IP. The wontons should cook nicely in that time. You're going to be able to make this either in your Instant Pot or just as simply on the stove. Forget the bland broth and clunky wontons with meat the size of a Skittle.
Chicken Wonton Soup is perhaps one of the most ordered soups at a Chinese restaurant. Soft bite-size dumplings called Wontons, are stuffed with meat or vegetables, and cooked in a clear broth infused with aromatics like ginger, garlic and spring onions. I love this soup, and have figured out an easier way to make it on a weeknight too, using store-bought frozen chicken wontons. You can have Wonton soup instant pot IP using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Wonton soup instant pot IP
- It’s 2 TBSP of olive oil.
- You need 3 of heaving TSP minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 of small yellow onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 of boneless ham steak cut into matchsticks.
- You need 2 of green onions thinly sliced.
- Prepare 5 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 1/4 cup of cooking sherry.
- Prepare 2 TBSP of low sodium soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 TSP of ground ginger.
- Prepare 1/4 TSP of Chinese five spice.
- Prepare 1 TSP of seasoned salt.
- You need 2 TBS of sesame oil.
- Prepare 10 of frozen or thawed/fresh wontons.
- You need 2 cups of spinach.
- Prepare of Garnish: ground chili paste with garlic.
Add ½ tbsp Minced garlic Add ½ tbsp. Turn instant pot to saute high setting. Add garlic and cook for another minute stirring occasionally. Then add ham and cook for another minute again stirring occasionally.
Wonton soup instant pot IP step by step
- Turn instant pot to saute high setting. When display reads hot. Add olive oil and onions stirring occasionally for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute stirring occasionally. Then add ham and cook for another minute again stirring occasionally..
- Add chicken broth, soy sauce, ginger, sherry, five spice, seasoned salt, and sesame oil. Give a quick stir to combine scraping the bottom of the pot to make sure there are no bits. Bring to a boil..
- Add in green onion and wontons. Push them down to submerge..
- Seal instant pot. If cooking frozen wontons set time for 4 minutes. If cooking thawed or fresh set time for zero minutes..
- When timer sounds, turn off the instant pot and do a quick release. This is important so your wontons don't turn to mush..
- Once steam is released take off lid add the spinach and gently stir until spinach has wilted..
- Laddle into bowls and top with a TSP of ground chili paste if desired..
All in All, Instant Pot Egg Roll Bowls make for a healthy, filling, and super easy meal anytime you are looking to curve the Chinese food craving! Wait until it's hot and then add pork (or meat of choice). Add seasonings and soy sauce and brown meat. The Best Homemade Instant Pot Wonton Soup I wish I had known sooner how easy it is to make a good bowl of homemade instant pot wonton soup. I don't cook Asian-inspired dishes too often because I don't always stock the ingredients in my pantry, but these homemade wontons and the soup base itself are pretty basic.