Chicken kathi roll. Chicken Tikka Kathi Roll Recipe is a delicious dish where chatpata masaledar chicken is cooked in fresh spice powder along with crunchy onions and capsicum. This yummilicious chicken filling is held in a crispy tawa paratha lined with a thin simple omelette, along with some pickled onions and generous sprinkle of chaat masala. This roll can be eaten as is or served along with Green.
About Chicken Kathi Roll Recipe: Kathi rolls have fast become the regular street food around the country, with a host of eateries and stalls selling a variety of this delicious, filling rolls. A single kathi roll can be had for lunch or dinner and you'll be full for long. This is an easy and quick recipe that you can try at home for brunch or a heavy evening meal. You can cook Chicken kathi roll using 25 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken kathi roll
- Prepare of For paratha.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour or maida.
- Prepare 2 tsp of oil.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of sugar.
- It’s As needed of water.
- Prepare of For filling.
- Prepare 500 gm of Chicken (boneless thigh cut into small pieces).
- It’s 1 cup of hung yogurt.
- It’s 1 tsp of tandoori chicken masala.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of mustard oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chopped coriander leaves.
- It’s to taste of salt.
- You need of For assembling.
- You need 1 of large onion finely sliced.
- It’s 2 of green chilies finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of bell pepper finely chopped lengthwise.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chilli sauce.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chat masala.
- It’s 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 of charcoal.
Chicken Kathi Rolls (Chicken Frankies) Kathi Kebabs or Kathi rolls is another Street Food item from India that is just loved by one and all. There is now a Kathi Roll stand at almost every corner of Delhi. It is also known as Frankie in a lot of different regions – similar with small variations but still finger-liking good! The Chicken Kathi Roll was born in Calcutta.
Chicken kathi roll step by step
- First make a dough for paratha. For this in a large bowl put flour,salt,sugar,oil mix it well then slowly add water & knead a very soft dough set it for 20 minutes. Cover that bowl with a lid after few minutes open the lid and put the chicken pieces in a greased baking tray..
- In a meanwhile marinate the chicken with yogurt,ginger garlic paste and other spices that mentioned above. Now make a whole at the center of the bowl put hot charcoal at the center then pour some oil over it then immediately..
- Cover that bowl with a lid after few minutes open the lid and put the chicken pieces in a greased baking and put it in the preheated oven for about 15 to 20 minutes at highest temperature or you can simply roast it on the gas stove..
- Now from the dough take a small portion of the dough then make a laccha paratha out of this(i.e firstmake a plain paratha then sprinkle with some oil and flour over it then with a knife cut at one side then starts folding then it becomes a cone then press it with hand).
- Now assemble everything,first take a paratha put few chicken pieces followed by some onions, green chilies and other sauces chaat masala,lemon juice that mentioned above then roll it and cover half of the roll with butter paper & it’s done.. enjoy😊.
Succulent pieces of chicken marinated in spices are cooked over charcoal, and served with sliced onions, lime, and green chillies—all wrapped in a. Remove chicken from heat and set aside. Heat up your choice of wrap (roti, frozen paratha etc), spread with chutney, top with the chicken and fresh chopped cilantro and tightly wrap. Serve hot with additional chutney for dipping! These Chicken Kathi Rolls were truly a culinary adventure for me.