You can cook Mexican Chicken using 21 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mexican Chicken
- You need 3 pieces of medium size chicken breast (cut into cubes).
- It’s 1/2 piece of Green bell pepper.
- You need 1/2 piece of Red bell pepper.
- You need 1/2 piece of Yellow bell pepper.
- It’s 1 Handful of mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 Handful of peeled corn.
- It’s 1 of Carrot.
- Prepare 1 of Onion.
- It’s of Olive Oil.
- Prepare of Butter.
- Prepare of (optional) Grated Cheese.
- You need of To Marinate with Chicken.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt (I used Himalayan Salt).
- You need 1 tsp of Chicken Mix (I got it from Jordan).
- It’s 1 tsp of Chili powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Paprika powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Oregano (Zaatar).
- It’s 1 tsp of 5-Spices powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Blackpepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Olive oil.
Mexican Chicken step by step
- Cut chicken breast into cubes and put all spices in a separate container. Put 1-2 tbsp of olive oil and mix..
- Marinate it about half an hour to an hour. If you have more time, marinate it overnight for a better taste..
- While waiting, cut the bell peppers and carrots into medium dice. For onion, slice it into thin wedges and for mushroom, slice it normally..
- Sautee the onions with butter/olive oil until it sweats a little then add mushrooms..
- When the mushrooms start to cook, put in the carrots and bell peppers. Continue cooking until the carrots start to soften..
- After it is done, put it aside..
- Now, put the marinated chicken into the pan and let it brown a little bit before mixing. Let it cook for about 7-10 minutes..
- Then, mix together the chicken with the vegetables we put aside earlier..
- If you have chicken stock in hand, use a cup of chicken stock and pour into the mix. If not, I use a powder chicken stock and put 2tsp and mix it with a cup of water..
- Let it simmer for around 10 minutes and stir it so the chicken is cook evenly..
- Cook until the sauce is thicken. Taste it, if you need more seasoning put the same spices for the marinated and adjust it to your taste buds..
- You can serve this way but the extra step makes it taste even better. Put it in a Pyrex and grill it in the oven (top fire) 180 ° C for around 10 minutes..
- If you feel like cheesin’ it, put shredded cheese on top of it and put back into the oven for 3-5 minutes..