Really good Low carb Lasagna!. This keto lasagna recipe is easy to make and tastes just like the real thing. In fact, over the years, I have been told many times that it should be called "Better Than the Real Thing" lasagna. When I was first starting a low carb, ketogenic lifestyle , I really wanted a low carb and gluten free pasta substitution.
The lasagna is low carb and keto-friendly with two big adjustments. The first step is replacing traditional lasagna noodles with cheese noodles. The second step is using a no sugar added marinara sauce. You can have Really good Low carb Lasagna! using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Really good Low carb Lasagna!
- You need of Bottom Layer.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of heavy cream.
- It’s 1 tbsp of taco seasoning.
- It’s 4 oz of cream cheese.
- You need 1 cup of shredded cheese (cheddar/mozz).
- You need of Top Layers.
- You need 1 lb of Ground beef.
- You need 1 cup of Low carb/low sugar pasta sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
Homemade Meat and Cheese Lasagna the ultimate Italian Style Comfort Food! BUT if you're on a low carb, ketogenic, gluten or wheat free diet, lasagna is off limits due to the noodles. Add another layer of zucchini slices. Low carb lasagna made with zucchini.
Really good Low carb Lasagna! instructions
- Preheat oven for 350°.
- Greese 13×9 baking pan.
- Sprinkle a mixed one cup of cheddar and mozzarella cheeses over the bottom of the dish..
- Soften cream cheese in the microwave and mix all bottom layer ingredients in a bowl until smooth..
- Pour over cheese in the baking dish and bake for 25 minutes..
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Turn off heat and add pasta sauce to the ground beef..
- When bottom layer is done pour meat sauce into the pan and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese evenly over the meat sauce. Then cover with 1 cup of mozzarella then sprinkle Italian seasoning. Bake for another 15 minutes..
This recipe can be modified if the high fat freaks you out. Use low fat or fat free cheese instead and extra lean ground beef. Also, instead of pancetta you can try Lou's double smoked back bacon, or turkey bacon. Submitted by: JOANNEELIDRISSI When it comes to making low-carb lasagna (or at least lower carb lasagna), you have a few different options. Samantha Cassetty, RD, nutrition and weight-loss expert, recommends swapping in zucchini for pasta.