Hainan Chicken (Instant Pot). Make this Easy Singaporean Instant Pot Hainanese Chicken Rice (Instant Pot Hainan Chicken; Chinese: 海南雞飯)! Classic comforting chicken and rice meal with a homey chicken soup. Dip the tender & juicy Hainanese Chicken Sauces with a spoonful of flavorful & fragrant rice.
So it's critical to ensure your whole chicken is fully submerges in the salted water. How to make Hainanese Chicken Rice 海南鸡饭 with a whole chicken at home. NEW: Hainanese Chicken Rice with chicken legs in the Instant Pot https://www.youtube.co. You can have Hainan Chicken (Instant Pot) using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Hainan Chicken (Instant Pot)
- You need 2-4 of chicken thighs.
- You need 3 stalks of green onions.
- It’s 6 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of Ginger slices to taste.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of unsalted chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of white rice.
- Prepare 3 inch of long piece of ginger, minced.
- You need 4 of green onions, green sections minced.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s of Peanut oil.
Possibly one of the healthiest of one pot chicken & rice you can feed the family :)! Fill a large stock pot halfway with water, add salt and bring to a boil. Once the water reaches a rolling boil, place the chicken, breast side up, into the pot. Heat up the Instant Pot (Saute).
Hainan Chicken (Instant Pot) instructions
- Heat instant pot on the saute function and wait until hot.
- Add olive oil, then saute green onions, ginger, and garlic for several minutes.
- Pour in chicken stock and deglaze the bottom of the pot, then add chicken legs.
- Close instant pot and pressure cook on high for 8 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and natural release when done.
- When removing chicken legs, place them immediately in an ice bath, then on a cooling rack.
- Filter the chicken stock and use it to cook the rice.
- Ginger sauce: combine ginger and green onions with a food processor, or mince by hand and place in heat-resistant bowl. Add salt to taste… more is usually required than you would think..
- Heat enough peanut oil to completely cover mix to smoking point. Place bowl in the sink and pour hot peanut oil over top. Be careful, the oil will spatter!.
- Allow sauce to cool and pour off excess oil. If ginger still tastes too "raw," sauce can be further cooked in the microwave..
Pour in the chicken stock and deglaze the bottom of the pot. Place all the chicken into the pot; try to submerge them all. Salt the chicken and stuff the chicken with ginger and scallions. Put the chicken into the instant pot. Pour chicken broth to the max line and season the broth with salt to taste.