Instant Pot Mac and Cheese. Instant Pot Mac and Cheese – This macaroni and cheese is every family's favorite comfort food pasta recipe made easy in the Instant Pot! Follow the manufacturer's guide for locking the lid and preparing to cook. Instant Pot Mac and Cheese takes all of the creamy goodness of homemade mac and cheese and turns it into a meal you can have on the table in minutes!.
If you like, finish the macaroni and cheese under the broiler for a crispy topping. Combine water, elbow macaroni, mustard powder, salt, and hot sauce in an electric pressure cooker (such as Instant Pot®). Instant Pot Creamy Macaroni and Cheese Recipe. You can cook Instant Pot Mac and Cheese using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- You need 2 1/2 cups of dry elbow macaroni.
- Prepare 3 cups of water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of dry mustard.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of seasoned salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbls of butter.
- Prepare 3 oz of cream cheese.
- It’s 3/4 cup of milk divided.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 2 tbls of shredded parmesan cheese.
That's less time than it takes to mix up instant mac and cheese from a box – and this stuff is soooooo much better. Creamy Instant Pot Mac and Cheese. Directions: This Instant Pot Velveeta Mac & Cheese makes an easy creamy side dish or double the recipe for a main course. Looking for more Instant Pot Recipes?
Instant Pot Mac and Cheese step by step
- Add macaroni, water, seasonings and butter to Instant Pot..
- Set timer for 6 minutes on high pressure..
- Release pressure and leave water, add in cream cheese until melted..
- Add in 1/4 cup milk and cheeses. Stir until smooth, while adding rest of milk. You may not need all milk..
This is not my first recipe for mac and cheese prepared in the Instant Pot. Between boiling the water and making the cheese sauce, even the best boxed macaroni and cheese can't beat that timing. HOW TO MAKE MACARONI & CHEESE. The instant pot has really opened up my cooking options. I don't usually make a lot of boxed foods but I know some people need to so they can stretch the budget.