How to brew Jun Kombucha. Check Out Jun Kombucha On eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color Today! Compare Prices on Brew Kombucha in Home Brewing.
Once you have all of your supplies and ingredients, it's time to start brewing! First boil a little more than a half gallon of water, take it off the heat, then add a few spoonfuls of green tea and let steep. Once the tea has cooled down quite a bit, strain it into the gallon jar. You can have How to brew Jun Kombucha using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of How to brew Jun Kombucha
- It’s 4-6 teaspoons of green tea or 4-5 tea bags of green tea.
- You need 1 cup of raw honey.
- It’s 1 of Jun SCOBY (Symbiotic Culture Of Bacteria and Yeast).
- It’s 2 litre of filtered water.
- It’s of Second Fermentation (optional).
- It’s of Fruits of your choice.
- It’s of Please use non-metallic equipment as metal can react with the grains.
Jun tea is a naturally effervescent fermented drink made with green tea and raw honey. It's related to kombucha and, like kombucha, you need a SCOBY (symbiotic culture of bacteria and yeast) to brew jun. Once you introduce the SCOBY, or jun mother, to room temperature green tea that's been. We use raw honey, but you can use cheap store-bought honey too.
How to brew Jun Kombucha instructions
- Boil the water.
- Add green tea in to a tea bag..
- Steep the tea for 5-15 mins, depends on how stronger taste you like..
- Remove tea bag and cool to room temperature. (You could leave the tea bag.).
- Once the tea is completely cooled, stir in the raw honey until completely dissolved. Please never add raw honey to hot tea!!! Also please never use metalic equipment because metal can react with the grains..
- Pour the tea and honey mixture into a container and add the SCOBY. (Please never add SCOBY to hot tea, which will kill SCOBY.).
- Cover the container with a cloth or coffee filtre to secured with a rubber band etc..
- Allow to culture at temperature for a few days. Once pleasantly sour and still just a little sweet, it is ready to drink or for the second fermentation..
- Second fermentation. Decant the finished Jun into airtight bottles and add fruits or juice of your choice. Leave 1-3 days at room temperature. Please avoid prolonged second fermentation periods when temperature is warm or hot. The photo below is second fermentation with frozen raspberry..
Just know that the cheap stuff doesn't have all the health benefits of the raw stuff. Lastly, we prefer jun kombucha because it ferments faster. Ok, I LOVE kombucha, but I really LOVE LOVE LOVE jun! The flavor is so light and lovely, but I still feel like I get the same awesome benefits of drinking kombucha. I usually try to drink a big.