Chicken and Pork Adobo.
You can cook Chicken and Pork Adobo using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken and Pork Adobo
- It’s 250 grams of Chicken.
- It’s 250 grams of Pork.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Garlic.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of Onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Soy Sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of White Vinegar.
- You need 1/4 cup of Water.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of White Sugar.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil.
- You need 1/8 teaspoon of Rock Salt.
- Prepare 10 grams of Spring Onion.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of Black Pepper.
Chicken and Pork Adobo step by step
- PREPARE THE INGREDIENTS – Chop the garlic. Slice the onion. Cut the chicken and pork into pieces..
- COOKING INSTRUCTIONS – Put the pan to medium heat, add olive oil and sauté the garlic and onion..
- Add the pork and season with salt and pepper and then stir fry. Using the tongs, press down the skin on the pan. You may hear cracking sounds, don't be afraid, it's all good 🙂 Sear all sides of the pork until it becomes golden brown. I later decided to cut the pork into smaller pieces to cook faster..
- Add in the chicken, skin side down. Season with salt and pepper. And just like the pork, sear all sides..
- Add in the soy sauce and vinegar and let it simmer for 15 minutes..
- Adjust the flavor to your liking by adding water, sugar, salt and pepper. Simmer until the chicken and pork absorbs the liquid and releases their own fat..
- Garnish with chopped spring onions. Serve with hot steamed rice and enjoy! ©homebasedchef Variations: You may add chili if you want it spicy. You may add potatoes or hard-boiled eggs after the chicken if you want additional flavor and texture. You may add sliced tomatoes on the side to balance out the saltiness..