Instant Pot New England Boil. Make life easier with Instant Pot, the programmable pressure & multi cooker. What Vegetables go in Pressure Cooker New England Boiled Dinner? Potatoes – Rutabaga – Turnips – Carrots – Cabbage – Onions – Beets; Use whichever veggies you like.
Low Country Boil is a dish that originated in lower South Carolina. It was the answer to New England's clam bake and Louisiana's Seafood boil. It is a hearty delicious meal made with leftover ham, cabbage, carrots, and potatoes. You can cook Instant Pot New England Boil using 11 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Instant Pot New England Boil
- You need 1/2 head of cabbage.
- You need 5 of red new potatoes.
- It’s 1 of medium onion.
- Prepare 1 of medium turnip.
- It’s 2 of large cartops.
- It’s 1 package of Eckrich Skinless smoked sausage (2 pieces).
- You need 2 cups of water.
- It’s 1 tsp. of fresh basil (from my garden).
- You need Pinch of Beau Monde (Spice Island) seasoning.
- You need Pinch of Roasted Garlic and Herb (Grill Mates) seasoning.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of salt (or none…as you prefer).
With the ease of the Instant Pot, this ham dinner can be enjoyed any day of the week and with very little clean up afterward. Grumpy grew up eating this Boiled Ham Dinner recipe. If you want to you can turn on the slow cooker function on your instant pot and leave all day. Your new England boiled Dinner is done 🙂 Watch me make Instant Pot Corned Beef New England dinner for you with some tips: DIRECTIONS.
Instant Pot New England Boil step by step
- Chop cabbage into medium pieces.
- Chop potatoes in 4 or 8 pieces (peeled or unpeeled).
- Cut carrots into 1/2 inch rounds.
- Cut turnips into half inch slices, then cut each slice into fourths..
- Cut onions into small pieces.
- Add salt, basil and beaumonde..
- Cut sausage into inch or half inch rounds.
- Stir al ingredients together.
- Sprinkle with Roasted Garlic and Herb seasoning.
- Add water. Stir again..
- Put in instant pot on Pressure Cook setting. Set to 12 minutes..
- Let steam release with Natural Release (15 minutes). Mine didn’t sleep out, so I turned to Venting at that point and finished emptying the steam..
Place ham and water in canner. Let pressure drop of its own accord. This New England boiled dinner has been a popular dish among our family for a long time. We're back home now and continue to enjoy this scrumptious dish. —Natalie Cook, Scarborough, Maine Great recipe for Instant Pot New England Boil. This recipe was given to me by my dear friend Terry Selman.