Spicy cauliflower lettuce wraps. In this recipe, roasted cauliflower florets are doused in buffalo wing sauce and wrapped up in crunchy lettuce leaves for a vegetarian take on buffalo wings. After small cauliflower florets are roasted in a hot oven until crisp, they're tossed with the traditional hot sauce-butter mixture. I am obsessed with these lettuce wraps!
Oven fried buffalo cauliflower is great on it's own. Make it pretty: Arrange the sauced up cauliflower in lettuce cups. Top with extra sauce, crushed peanuts, chives, and a drizzle of spicy mayo. You can have Spicy cauliflower lettuce wraps using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spicy cauliflower lettuce wraps
- It’s 1 head of cauliflower, broken down to small florets.
- It’s 1 of jalapeño, small diced.
- You need 4 of portobello mushrooms, thin sliced.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 3 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of soy sauce (low sodium).
- It’s 3 tbsp of rice wine vinegar.
- It’s 1/2-1 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of tobacco sauce (or Siraccha).
- You need 2 of green onions, thin sliced.
- Prepare Head of romaine lettuce, cleaned and separated.
- It’s 1/4 cup of parsley, diced.
Lettuce wraps filled with spicy chickpeas topped with a creamy cilantro sauce. These quick and flavorful lettuce wraps make a filling fiber filled meatless lunch or dinner in minutes! Ground beef in a chipotle sauce is spooned into romaine lettuce in this spicy lettuce wrap recipe the family will love. "I had leftover canned chiles in adobo sauce and thought I would try it in a lettuce wrap recipe. It turned out great and my family loved it!
Spicy cauliflower lettuce wraps instructions
- Wash your cauliflower head, remove large florets. Break down each floret into tiny florets. Remove seeds from jalapeno and dice..
- Dice your mushrooms. Heat sesame oil in skillet on medium high and add mushrooms and sautée for 3-4 minutes..
- Add the cauliflower, jalapeno and garlic. Stir to combine. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring..
- Add in the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, crushed red pepper, smoked paprika, salt & pepper. Stir to coat everything. Cook for 10-15 minutes or until starts getting brown and slightly crispy..
- Add in tobacco sauce, parsley and green onion and stir..
- Serve on romaine lettuce leaves. Yum!.
- Or add grilled chicken. Yum!.
This is one of my go-to meals when I want a fun dinner. I love the spicy Asian flavors against the cool lettuce and the added crunch of peanuts and water chestnuts. These Asian Cauliflower Lettuce Wraps are light and flavorful with a little kick! Drizzle with Sriracha sauce, then garnish with Fresh Cilantro (to taste) and Hemp Seeds. Chef Jeff Kawakami teams up with special guest Trevor Wayne to cook awesome crispy cauliflower lettuce wraps.