Sourdough Akkawi Manoushe. Sourdough Akkawi Manoushe A couple of close friends showed me how to make manoushe. I also recently went on a sourdough bakery course. I decided to combine the two. #sourdough.
I also recently went on a sourdough bakery course. I decided to combine the two. #sourdough. See great recipes for Sourdough Homemade Pizza too! You can cook Sourdough Akkawi Manoushe using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sourdough Akkawi Manoushe
- You need of For the dough:.
- You need 150 g of Active sourdough starter.
- It’s 250 g of Good quality white flour.
- It’s 125 ml of Water.
- It’s of Big pinch of salt.
- You need of For the topping:.
- You need of Akkawi cheese.
- Prepare 1 tbs of nigella seeds.
- You need of Equipment:.
- You need of Pizza stone.
A couple of close friends showed me how to make manoushe. I also recently went on a sourdough bakery course. I decided to combine the two. #sourdough. 'Marhaba YouTubers! I'm really excited to share with you dishes I fell in love with growing up; from classic Middle Eastern food, to my modern take on Arabic dishes, and tips and tricks from my.
Sourdough Akkawi Manoushe instructions
- Grate the Akkawi cheese into a bowl and cover with water. This will draw out some of the salt..
- Gather your dough ingredients..
- Make a well in the flour. Add the sourdough starter and incorporate..
- Incorporate the water bit by bit until you have a rough dough..
- Put some tunes on and set a timer for 15 minutes. The dough will be sticky at first but with time it will come away from the table. A great opportunity for some mindfulness – Be in the moment..
- After 15 minutes the dough should be smooth and soft. It should not stick to the back of your hand, if it does incorporate a little more flour. Put in a lightly floured bowl, cover and rest for a minimum of 10 minutes but ideally 30. Put your oven up to max and have a pizza stone in..
- Divide the dough into 3 even balls and shape out with your hands or a rolling pin. Make sure you have some flour down so they don’t stick..
- Take a pice of prepared dough and put on the pizza stone in the oven for 1 minute. Repeat for the others. This will Pre-Bake the base. I find this A) makes you life easier once toppings are added I.e it does not stick to the table and B) Gives you a crispier base.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and some nigella seeds (These bad boys add a wonderful flavour).
- Bake for 10 minutes each and enjoy!.
I've shared how much more likely I am to eat breakfast when it's a meze style – I just love being able to sample from a spread of olives, cheese, fresh vegetables, bread. Pita is nice, but when I have a little extra time, I make up a batch of manakish zaatar to eat over a few days. Topped with a fragrant, zingy blend of spices, these Lebanese flatbreads make lovely snacks and appetizers. See more ideas about Cooking recipes, Recipes, Arabic bread. See more ideas about Eastern cuisine, Food recipes and Food.