Dinnertime Seaweed Tsukudani.
You can cook Dinnertime Seaweed Tsukudani using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dinnertime Seaweed Tsukudani
- Prepare 5 of Nori seaweed.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Mirin.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Sake.
- Prepare 1 of to 2 Dried shiitake mushrooms.
- Prepare 50 ml of The soaking liquid from the dried shiitake mushrooms.
Dinnertime Seaweed Tsukudani instructions
- Use 5 sheets of stale nori seaweed. You can use fresh crispy nori of course..
- Rip the nori sheets up in a bowl. Add about 200 ml of water, and leave it to soak for more than 20 minutes. Stir occasionally..
- In the meantime, slice the reconstituted dried shiitake mushrooms. Cut the stems off and slice the caps thinly. Cut the hard end off the stems and slice them up too..
- After 25 minutes the nori looks like this. When it has disintegrated completely into a paste, it's good to go..
- Drain into a sieve..
- Transfer to a pan and add all the flavoring ingredients. Cook over medium heat. When it comes to a boil lower the heat..
- Simmer gently until there's no moisture left in the pan for about 20 minutes.
- Tilt the pan; when there's about 1 tablespoon of liquid left in the pan, turn the heat up to high and mix to evaporate that moisture and dry out the nori a little. Be careful not to let it burn..
- When there's almost no moisture left it's done. Store in a jar that's been sterilized in boiling water. Refrigerate when cool..
- To make your own dried shiitake mushrooms, see https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/143982-sun-dried-shiitake-mushrooms-with-butter-and-soy-sauce.