Cauliflower Ceviche. Cauliflower is the perfect substitute for fish in this cauliflower ceviche. It, of course, does not taste fishy, but you can add dulse flakes or ground up nori seaweed to get that fishiness. Either way, this makes a wonderfully satisfying dish.
This ceviche-style dish has a hint of sweetness. If you like things more savory, use tomato sauce instead of ketchup. Spice it up with a minced jalapeno or chipotle pepper. You can cook Cauliflower Ceviche using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cauliflower Ceviche
- It’s 1 head of Cauliflower.
- You need 1 bunch of Cilantro.
- It’s 2 of Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/2 of Red onion.
- Prepare 2 of Radishes.
- You need 1 of Cucumber.
- You need 3 of Avocados.
- It’s 3 of Lemons.
- Prepare 2 of Serranos.
- You need 1 of as needed Salt.
We would like to show you a description here but the site won't allow us. Of course traditionally ceviche is made with seafood. You will see shrimp ceviche, tilapia ceviche, scallop ceviche, just to name a few on restaurant menus or all over the internet. But if you are a little short on time to make a shrimp or fish ceviche, really consider making this cauliflower ceviche.
Cauliflower Ceviche instructions
- Chop the cauliflower into very small pieces by either shaving it off (with knife) or just plain chopping it into tiny floret pieces,.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and add the cauliflower to blanch for 4-5 minutes.
- Once it is slightly tender, strain the water out and immediately place in an ice bath to stop the cooking..
- Drain all water from cauliflower and add all other ingredients (tomatoes, onions, cilantro, avocado, serrano, cucumber…).
- Add lemon juice to mixture and mix well..
- Add salt to taste and serve..
Home » Appetizers » Cauliflower Ceviche (Vegan & Oil-Free). While cauliflower is cooling, add chopped onion to a bowl of salted water. Give cauliflower a rough chop to create small pieces, about the size of a dime. It's okay if there are different sized pieces. Place in a large mixing bowl.