Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken. Hands down THE BEST Instant Pot rotisserie chicken! I change out the thyme for rosemary for personal preference and couldn't be happier with the results. The whole family enjoys this meal and leftovers are good in quesadillas, soup, sandwiches, or even cold.
Update: I have added an additional (optional) step to this recipe. Place trivet inside the pot; place chicken back in the pot, breast side down on the trivet, and pour in chicken broth. Best of all, includes instructions for using fresh,, thawed or frozen chicken, and an oven. You can have Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken
- It’s 2 teaspoons of kosher salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper.
- You need 2 teaspoons of dried thyme.
- You need 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of onion powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of garlic powder (add more if you love garlic).
- Prepare 1 (4 pound) of whole roasting chicken.
- You need 1 of lemon, halved (if no lemon available use 1 onion and 2 teaspoons of lemon juice).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of canola oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of chicken stock.
Note: This post may contain affiliate links; view my Disclosure Policy for details. Set the Instant Pot to "sauté, medium heat" and add the olive oil. Once it reads "hot," add the chicken, breast-side down. Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken is one of the most delicious recipes for a whole chicken!
Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken instructions
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, thyme, paprika, oregano, onion powder and garlic powder and rosemary..
- 2. Remove giblets and excess fat from the chicken cavity. Dry chicken thoroughly with paper towels. Season chicken and chicken cavity with salt mixture. Stuff cavity with lemon..
- Set 6-qt Instant Pot® to the high saute setting. Add canola oil and chicken, breast side down, and cook until evenly golden brown, about 4-5 minutes. Using tongs, flip, and cook for an additional 4 minutes; set aside.
- 4. Place metal trivet into the pot and add chicken stock. Gently place chicken on top of the trivet. Select manual setting; adjust pressure to high, and set time for 28 minutes. When finished cooking, naturally release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions, about 20-30 minutes. Let rest 10-15 minutes..
This easy recipe for Instant Pot Whole Chicken is flavored with a homemade rotisserie seasoning and is perfect for an easy dinner or using. Instant pot rotisserie chicken soup ready to cook. Assembling Rotisserie Chicken Soup Cooking this Instant Pot Chicken soup: There are several ways you can make soup in the instant pot. I've used all these methods to make soup. My favorite is the soup function.