Instant pot steel cut oats. Breakfast is an important part of the day. This healthy cereal is made with blueberries, bananas and cinnamon and lightly sweetened with pure maple syrup or honey. The question I get asked most often when I share my overnight oats recipe, is can you use steel cut oats?
This prevents sticking and allows the oats to become perfectly tender. Top with ground flax seed, hemp seed, cinnamon, fruit, honey, syrup, vanilla extract, nut butter, etc. Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats Experiment Conclusion. You can have Instant pot steel cut oats using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Instant pot steel cut oats
- Prepare 1 tsp of Coconut oil (or you could use butter).
- It’s 1 cup of steel cut oats.
- It’s 3 cups of water.
- Prepare of Optional 2 cinnamon sticks.
- You need of Optional pinch of salt.
- You need of Topping ideas (also see notes).
- It’s of FRUIT: Banana, cinnamon, dates and maple syrup.
Quite soft & really creamy: follow the method of. Combine oats, water, milk, cinnamon, and salt in Instant pot. Stovetop steel cut oatmeal and Instant Pot steel cut oatmeal cook in about the same amount of total time. Instant Pot Steel Cut Oatmeal – light and fluffy steel cut oats cooked in an electric pressure cooker.
Instant pot steel cut oats step by step
- Grease your inner pot with butter or coconut oil. I put the sauté on to melt the oil for a few seconds to cover the bottom of the pot..
- Pour in 1 cup of steel cut oats and 3 cups water, alternatively you can cook 2 cups steel cut oats with 6 cups water for a double batch.) I also add a pinch of salt and this is where you can add the cinnamon sticks or even a half teaspoon of cinnamon powder..
- Cook on High Pressure for 6 minutes and allow pressure to release naturally. Give it a stir..
- Steel cut oats are still great for meal prep, you can make it ahead and refrigerate for the week. Refrigerate in small containers. To heat up, you can microwave about a minute or heat up on the stove with a little liquid, to loosen. Then stir in milk or soy and add your favorite toppings. I added nuts, milk, blueberries and a tsp of peanut butter to the pic below..
- Note 1 – Vanilla yogurt and Maple Blueberry Topping – Put a handful of blueberries and 1 tbsp maple syrup in a small pan and heat gently until they soften. Mix 2 tbsp greek yogurt with a few drops of vanilla extract and spoon over hot porridge.Top with the blueberries and syrup..
In Instant Pot, add oats and water. However, with the help of an Instant Pot, Steel Cut Oats become possible even on the busiest of mornings! I am in love with Instant Pot Steel Cut Oatmeal for a few reasons. It can be flavored in a variety of ways. A healthy recipe full of texture, fiber, and nutrients.