To Serve At Dinnertime: Okara Scones With Cheese.
You can cook To Serve At Dinnertime: Okara Scones With Cheese using 10 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of To Serve At Dinnertime: Okara Scones With Cheese
- It’s 70 grams of Fresh okara.
- It’s 25 grams of ＊Cake flour.
- You need 100 grams of ＊Bread (strong) flour.
- Prepare 5 grams of ＊Grated cheese.
- It’s 5 grams of ＊Baking powder.
- Prepare 20 grams of Butter.
- You need 50 grams of △Egg.
- You need 20 grams of △Sugar (Use raw cane sugar).
- You need 40 of to 50 grams ※ 90 to 100 grams combined with with the egg △Soy milk.
- You need 20 of to 25 grams Processed cheese (I used Cheddar).
To Serve At Dinnertime: Okara Scones With Cheese instructions
- Cut the butter into 1 cm cubes, and chill it well..
- Sift the ＊ floury ingredients and combine with the fresh okara. Mix well until there are are no more lumps of okara using a whisk..
- Combine the △ ingredients in a separate bowl and mix well..
- Put the butter and the Step 2 mixture in a food processor. Process until it's all mixed together..
- Add the Step 3 liquid, and pulse several times to mix. ※ Until it comes together in one mass..
- Wrap the dough in plastic, and let rest in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes. In the meantime, cut the cheese into 0.5 cm cubes..
- Roll the dough out with a rolling pin on top of a sheet of plastic wrap. Roll in both directions and fold the dough. Repeat this 2 times. ※ If you have a wooden rolling pin, the dough is easier to roll if you cover the pin with plastic wrap..
- Top with the cheese, and roll the dough out in both directions again and fold 2 more times. Roll out into a 2cm thick rectangle..
- Cut in any shape you like. Bake in a preheated 190 °C oven for 20 to 25 minutes..
- To watch out for when cutting the dough: If the cheese peeks out from the sides it will melt out while baking, and the scones won't look so nice..
- Here I tried cutting the dough out with a 5cm circular cutter. These baked very evenly..
- If you prefer sweet scones that are best suited for snack time, see- "Easy Fluffy Crispy ♪Okara Scones with Jam https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/144953-soft-crispy-made-with-jam-okara-scones.