Instant Pot Jambalaya. If you haven't made jambalaya in an Instant Pot, give this recipe a try. Our Test Kitchen said it was one of the best jambalayas they have ever tasted, and were surprised by how easily and quickly the dish comes together with the help of a multicooker. Shrimp can go from raw to rubbery in minutes. 'Jambalaya, a Louisiana meat, seafood, and rice staple, is quick and easy in the multi-cooker.
This easy jambalaya recipe is made with andouille sausage, chicken, uncooked rice, bell pepper, onion, celery and spices, all cooked together in just one pan, for a simple and flavorful meal that my entire family enjoys. This Instant Pot Jambalaya recipe is a Cajun inspired one dish recipe with shrimp, andouille sausage, chicken and rice that will make a spicy dinner for your family. Using a pressure cooker makes it a quick and easy weeknight dinner the whole family will enjoy. You can have Instant Pot Jambalaya using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Jambalaya
- Prepare 1 of yellow onion.
- It’s 2 of green peppers.
- It’s 1 Tablespoon of minced garlic.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 2 lbs of andouille sausage.
- It’s 1 of celery stalk.
- It’s 14.5 oz of can fire roasted diced tomatoes.
- You need 14.5 oz of can tomato sauce.
- You need 2 cups of chicken broth.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Louisiana hot sauce.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of thyme.
Instant Pot Jambalaya with chicken, andouille sausage, shrimp and lots of spice makes a flavorful New Orleans-style meal. Jambalaya is super easy to cook in a pressure cooker and it doesn't take much time at all. The Instant Pot does a great job of melding all the flavors together in a short amount of time. Pat dry the chicken thighs with a paper towel, then season one side of the chicken thighs with kosher salt and black pepper.
Instant Pot Jambalaya step by step
- In sauce pan fry onions, peppers, and celery using 1 Tablespoon oil until al dente..
- In Instant Pot fry sausage on Sauté using 1 tablespoon oil until brown..
- Mix all ingredients in Instant Pot and set to 5 minutes on high..
- Serve with long grain rice. I like making my rice with chicken broth instead of regular water..
Easy Jambalaya in the Instant Pot Easy Jambalaya in the Instant Pot. This is how we enjoyed a Southern classic on a busy weeknight.. And out of sheer laziness, I took a chance and threw everything in my Instant Pot pressure cooker. Made with rice, smoked sausage, tomatoes, and optional shrimp, this easy recipe for Cajun Jambalaya sings with classic Creole flavors. This authentic Instant Pot Jambalaya recipe was adapted from an authentic Creole Jambalaya recipe that has spicy andouille sausage, chicken, shrimp, and rice.