Shrimp Fried Rice. Make sure to use leftover, day old rice when making fried rice. Set aside to sit for ten minutes at room. This is a quick and easy shrimp fried rice recipe that my kids all love!
This shrimp fried rice recipe was very simple to follow, a breeze to make, and makes a very flavorful dish! The recipe's simple nature allows the cook the flexibility of adding other ingredients if they so desire. In my batch of rice, I added peas, extra bean sprouts, and cooked the eggs prior to adding them to the rice. You can have Shrimp Fried Rice using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Shrimp Fried Rice
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- You need 2 of plates cooked white rice (leftover rice, put in the refrigerator for a night, is recommended).
- Prepare 250 gr of shrimps, peeled and deveined.
- It’s 50 gr of frozen peas.
- Prepare 50 gr of frozen corn.
- It’s 1 of medium carrot, small diced.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 2 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt or to taste.
- You need 1/4 tsp of white pepper powder or to taste.
- Prepare 2 stalks of green onions, thinly sliced.
- You need 1/2 Tbsp of sesame oil.
Heat a wok or large cast-iron skillet over high. Shrimp fried rice is one of the most popular Chinese recipes in my cookbook "Easy Chinese Recipes" (best-selling Chinese cookbook on Amazon) and I am now sharing an updated version with feedback from my readers in the past few years. Shrimp fried rice is one of the easiest fried rice recipes, and maybe even the most delicious. Whisk the eggs with a pinch of salt in a small bowl.
Shrimp Fried Rice step by step
- Heat the oil in the wok over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic until fragrant. Add carrot, corn, and peas. Keep stirring occasionally..
- Add shrimps and cook until the shrimps change color..
- Add rice. Then season with soy sauce, salt, and pepper. Test the taste..
- Add green onions and sesame oil to get the special smell of the sesame oil. Yum! 😋.
In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger powder and white pepper; set aside. Heat olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Heat a wok or large heavy skillet over high heat. One of the most popular posts on my site the past year has been my Easy Better-Than-Takeout Chicken Fried Rice recipe. There's even a video in that post to show you exactly how to make it and you're basically recreating that recipe but with shrimp.