Power Snap Cookies (Gluten free/Protein/Low fat/carb) 1.1.
You can cook Power Snap Cookies (Gluten free/Protein/Low fat/carb) 1.1 using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Power Snap Cookies (Gluten free/Protein/Low fat/carb) 1.1
- It’s 1/2 cup of splenda.
- You need 1/2 cup of Greek Yogurt Nonfat (70 cals).
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 of egg whites (50 cals).
- It’s 3/4 cup of soy protein isolate powder (225 cals).
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
Power Snap Cookies (Gluten free/Protein/Low fat/carb) 1.1 step by step
- Mix yogurt, Splenda, egg whites, vanilla in a bowl until well combined. One revision that works is replacing the Yogurt with simply water. (Decrease amount to 6 Tablespoons, cookie and mixture will be a bit more foamy in texture).
- In another larger bowl mix protein powder, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Gradually mix in liquids..
- The protein powder will make it a bit hard to mix well. After mixed, put in refrig covered for 30 min to make it easier to handle (optional).
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Shape dough into walnut sized balls and placed on a untreated baking sheet. Press cookie ball with bottom of a glass to flatten, they should become about a 1.5 inch parameter and 1/4 inch thick.. Little thin is okay. they do not spread much when baking.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until light brown. If you used yogurt, they will be chewy, if you used water, they will be a bit more tender and foamy. Longer they sit out, the harder they become. After a day or two, they harden to the point of something resembling a ginger snap. I'm going to attempt higher baking temp/time in the future maybe speed this process up..
- Should make about 14 cookies.. They are a total of little under 400 calories for all of them.. Mostly protein. (Water modification will make this 300 with near zero carbs).