Mexi-Cali grilled fish tacos. A grilled fish taco is a beautiful thing to eat. San Diego and Baja California are where they originated. Although the classic Baja fish tacos are fried, the grilled ones really stand out and are much lighter.
After the fish is marinated, simply grill, add to corn tortillas and top with a crunchy, quick. Grilled Fish Tacos These tacos are great whether grilled outdoors or pan grilled inside. I added some chopped sweet onion chopped fresno chile and sweet red pepper to the slaw for more veggies and crunch. You can cook Mexi-Cali grilled fish tacos using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mexi-Cali grilled fish tacos
- You need 1 bag of McCormick grillmates Mexican fiesta seasoning/marinade.
- You need 2 of filets of cod, mahi mahi, or tilapia.
- Prepare 1 of lime.
- You need 1 of avocado.
- You need of Cabbage shredded.
- It’s 1 of carrot shredded.
- It’s 1 of Red onion diced.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Cilantro.
- You need dash of Mrs dash marinade or any light dressing.
- You need of Corn tortillas.
- Prepare of Sour cream.
- You need of Hot sauce.
- It’s of Shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of Cotija cheese crumbled.
Even my hubby who loves everything real spicy didn't feel the need to add any. Grilled Fish Tacos Recipe cooked with Grilled Snapper on the Big Green Egg. Served with pickled red onions and Cilantro Lime Creama. We love Grilled Fish Tacos around my house… and I've had my share of fish stick to the cooking grate when grilling, but there is a simple way to prevent it.
Mexi-Cali grilled fish tacos step by step
- Put fish in a bag with half of squeezed lime and half bag of McCormick seasoning marinade for at least 1 hour.
- While fish is marinating prepare cabbage, onion, and carrot. Combine together with cilantro and squeeze other half of lime over the mix with a dash of the dressing and a pinch of salt. I used Mrs dash but any light dressing on hand will work..
- Take fish out of bag and top with the rest of the dry seasoning and grill until begins to flake about 5-7 mins per side. When fish is off the grill cut into bite size pieces..
- To prepare tortillas place in a skillet and top with cheddar cheese. Once the cheese starts melting flip the tortilla to crisp the cheese. The tortilla will bubble up in the middle when it is ready, be careful not to burn..
- To serve fill tortilla with fish, sour cream, hot sauce, shredded cabbage mixture, sliced avocado, and crumbled cotija cheese..
For a fish taco that doesn't require the mess of deep frying, we turned to the grill. For a fish taco with fresh, bold flavors, we looked to the Yucatán Peninsula and the Pacific Coast for inspiration and fired up the grill. Grilled Fish Tacos extremely juicy and flavorful with quick mango salsa and any firm white fish like cod, halibut or mahi mahi. Unlike our family favorite fish taco recipe with crispy fried fish and delicious crema, here I opted for grilled fish with super juicy mango salsa. Grilling fish fillets is tricky business.