Asian cucumber & carrot salad. Japanese Cucumber, a favorite in Japan, is known for its long and slender, dark green fruit. It has a mild taste and few seeds. Japanese cucumbers are vine-growing varieties that need a trellis system for support.
Japanese cucumber salad is supposed to be sweet!!! Wish I would have tasted first!! Adjust the sugar and I think it'd be great. You can cook Asian cucumber & carrot salad using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Asian cucumber & carrot salad
- Prepare 1 lb of cucumber.
- It’s 1 large of carrot.
- You need 1 tbsp of grape seed oil (clean tasting oil).
- It’s 2 tbsp of sesame seed oil.
- It’s 2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 2 tsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sesame seeds.
Japanese cucumbers are suitable for use in salads. A member of the cucurbitaceae family of plants, the Japanese cucumber is a botanical cousin to squashes, pumpkins, melons, and gourds. Add the sliced veggies to a bowl or jar. In a separate bowl, whisk together the rest of the ingredients until the sugar has dissolved, then pour over the cucumbers and shallot and toss to coat.
Asian cucumber & carrot salad instructions
- Combine cucumber and carrot in bowl. Set aside..
- Whisk together grape seed oil, sesame seed oil, sugar and soy sauce..
- Toss cucumber and carrot with dressing. Add sesame seeds..
- Chill for 20 minutes then serve..
They need time to pickle, after all! Burpless' cucumbers, both American and Asian types, contain low or no cucurbitacin, the compound that causes bitterness and increases one's susceptibility to 'burping' after eating the fruits. Frequent watering will also decrease fruit bitterness. This recipe for Asian cucumber salad is sliced cucumbers and colorful veggies tossed in a zesty sesame dressing. The perfect quick and easy side dish!