Instant Pot Beef Caldereta. I f you're looking for a faster way to cook and enjoy Filipino food, this Instant Pot Beef Caldereta might just be what you need. Set your Instant Pot to Saute mode. Once hot, add oil and saute potatoes, carrots and bell pepper.
This video will show you how to conveniently cook Filipino beef caldereta using Instant Pot. Instant Pot® is the number one selling brand on Amazon.com, bringing you the latest advancements in home cooking. Great recipe for Instant Pot Beef Caldereta. You can cook Instant Pot Beef Caldereta using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Instant Pot Beef Caldereta
- You need 2 lbs of beef chuck; cut into 2” chunks.
- Prepare of Soy sauce.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- You need 5 cloves of garlic; minced.
- Prepare 3/4 of ths of an onion; minced.
- You need 8 oz of can Tomato Sauce.
- You need of Beef stock.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 2 of carrots; cut into chunks.
- Prepare 3 of red potatoes; cut into chunks.
- Prepare 11 of mini bell peppers.
- It’s 4.25 oz of Liver Spread.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s of Peas.
Basically Filipino beef stew – this recipe is hard to mess up. I asked grandma for this recipe, and surprisingly, she doesn't know it! Probably not from her side of the Philippines. My other grandma, on the other hand, she loooooved her liver spread.
Instant Pot Beef Caldereta instructions
- Start by marinating your beef in soy sauce and some black pepper. Shouldn’t be soaking in soy; just so they aren’t red anymore..
- Turn your instant pot on to sauté mode on high. Add some oil to lightly coat the bottom. Sear your meat on all sides. Set aside in a bowl..
- Add your onions and garlic to the instant pot and sauté until translucent..
- Add your meat back in with all the juices, tomato sauce, bay leaves, and fill with beef broth until it just covers the meat. Set your IP to manual – high pressure – 30 mins..
- Meanwhile, in a separate pan, pan-fry your potatoes, carrots, and bell pepper until they show some color. Set aside..
- Quick release when ready, then add in your pre-sautéed veggies from step 5, brown sugar, and (start with) half a can of liver spread. Gradually add more to your liking. Hit the cancel button, then press sauté again on high. Simmer this until the mixture reduces ~10-15 more mins..
- Don’t forget to add in however many peas you like! And that my friends, is Filipino beef stew. Enjoy!.
Add the peppers, the onions, and the olives. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with rice. Slow Cooker Beef Caldereta / Kaldereta. This Asian beef stew (Beef Caldereta) is totally robust in flavor and so delicious! Cooking in the slow cooker makes it very convenient, too.