Slow Cooker Beef Veggie Stew. Once all of the broth has been incorporated, bring to a simmer and then remove from the heat. Add the gravy to the slow cooker and evenly coat the vegetables and beef. The stew is finished when the vegetables and beef are tender.
In a small bowl mix together the flour, salt, and pepper; pour over meat, and stir to coat meat with flour mixture. Place flour in a large shallow dish. Add stew meat; turn to coat evenly. You can have Slow Cooker Beef Veggie Stew using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Beef Veggie Stew
- You need 1 pound of Beef Cubes.
- It’s 1 Tbs of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ground black pepper.
- It’s 4-5 cups of Broth.
- It’s 1 of small onion.
- You need 1 of big carrot.
- Prepare 4 of small potatoes wedged.
- Prepare of Seasoning:.
- It’s 3 cloves of Garlic.
- It’s 2 of Bay leaves.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Ground Cloves.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Ground Cardamon.
- You need 1 of Celery stalk.
In a large skillet, brown meat in oil in batches. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, broth, mustard, salt, pepper, thyme and, if desired, browning sauce. My Hearty Vegetable Stew is vegan, easy, healthy, gluten free and delicious! Winter root vegetables and beefy mushrooms in a rich savoury broth simmered to perfection.
Slow Cooker Beef Veggie Stew step by step
- First of all get your broth ready, i use 2 Bouillon cubes/5 cups of water, once that is done, set it aside..
- Now, in your slow cooker heat the tablespoon of Oil and brown the meat on each side and sprinkle the Ground Black pepper on it. You need a nice color a.k.a Caramalization, that gives it alot of flavor..
- Then add the Broth and your seasonings; Cardamon, cloves, Bay leaves, onion, Garlic and celery stalk that you have chopped..
- The Meat needs 4 hours and it will be super tender. Now for your veggies, i find that 3 hours is more than enough for them, if you like your veggies with a little more texture i would only put them in with 2 hours to go. In the picture above i had steamed some broccoli on the side and added them to my dish for extra color and texture. Feel free to mix it up..
I've included a slow cooker option as well. A hearty, flavourful beef stew recipe for the slow cooker. Coating the beef with paprika seasoned flour and browning with mushrooms and onion first will add that beautiful colour and extra layers of flavour before simmering with the root veg and Marsala wine sauce in the slow cooker. Serve with fresh, crusty bread and salad for a comforting chilly weather dinner. If you're inspired by this crock pot beef stew, try one of our many other beef stew recipes.